Childhood Nights

Childhood Nights

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

How sweet our former lives.

"

me Tony Kernie

Me on the left Tony in the middle and Kerny on the right

 

 

 

In dreams of my sweet former life

 with the wonders childhood poses

I find those friends I left behind

still so young and fresh like roses


I wonder if to them I'm old

when they think upon occasion

Do they wonder as, I do

of that inner child's persuasion


To me they are the cherished ones

memories of lost summer nights

When we played hide and seek till dark

enriched by all life's smells and sights


In dreams they live on as before

echoes of games we use to play

I start each night as they ended

with the dreams from yesterday


 



$12.50

To see my books click on the pictures to take you to them



$12.50




$12.50

 




© 2020 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
The days of childhood haunt us .Yet they fill our dreams and buoy of thoughts hopes and dreams with the possibilities of life .

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really refreshing and I can truly relate.. we all think of ourselves as getting old when looking in our own mirrors.. at skin aging reflections.. but when we come across an old friend.. or think of an old friend in memory.. it's a vivid memory of young innocence and of course the sometimes childhood pranks that come to mind.

If one or two people remember you in such a way.. you are truly blessed as that is a divine friendship that is sealed in a time capsule of sorts inside our greatest memories. Even when friends become enemies they can not escape that.. and you had to torture me with those sweet summer's nights line.. how great those were.. in my memory.

Awesome job overall in the show of past tense flowing into the present.. starting many nights as they ended.. with the dreams of yesterday. Felt here like renewing.. looking back to seek the future happiness.. like one has parted ways with some friends.. is now reevaluating friendship and relationships and purpose.. with the loss of years .. I am there right now in that feeling in many ways and it's so hard to rekindle old friendships that have died and/or moved away.. I'm making new ones... Thank you so much for sharing.. this was really profound.


Posted 14 Years Ago


We are every place we ever visited and every person we've ever known .. I didn't write that but it rings so true for this beautiful poem. Yours words are wistful and longing, and, i rather think the memories are what makes you the person you are...

'To me they are the cherished ones. Memories of sweet kind summer nights. When we played hide and seek till dark. Enriched by all life's smells and sights. ' ... lovely words.



Posted 14 Years Ago


Full of nostalgia for childhood memories..............I have my own and they are very dear to me as well. Nice write, from the heart.

Posted 14 Years Ago


childhood friends seem to remain children in our memories, even tho many they might still be our friends as adults. they will forever be young to us & we to them. that's the beauty of having such old friendships. a gorgeous write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very powerful. You really have a knack at writing. I'd like to know, if it's not to much trouble, what you meant when you said that the life you lived was "darkened".
Very powerful, once again.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The flow on this piece is EXTRAORDINARY. perfect diction, and very captivating use of language :)
thankies for sharing :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Ah, memories. Care free days, no responsibilties, and

"Memories of sweet kind summer nights.
When we played hide and seek till dark."

I love this. Very nostalgic, full of emotion and longing.

Powerful.

=)
Linley


Posted 14 Years Ago


I remember when I use to play those games with my next door neighbors...man at the memories....wonderful write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


amazing. your attitude and view about children of our future is sweet.

i loved the last stanza and the last 2 lines are indeed my favorite.

"We start my nights as we ended.
With the dreams from yesterday."

good job yet again. :)




Posted 14 Years Ago


reminiscing the yesterdays...it's sweet and beautiful....we need to treasure our past to appreciate our present and future hopes...well written poem tate...like first kisses upon the sunset on the beach...simply beautiful...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6517 Views
121 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 12, 2009
Last Updated on June 28, 2020
Tags: poetry, Philosophy, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Helena Helena

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT