His Light Shown Bright

His Light Shown Bright

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Left to us was this memory: Kindness, he lit by way he knew.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just a farthing for his childhood

poverty he met, for so long

Conquered through force of effort

he stood tall, as his arms grew strong


 

In his heart bold with life he lived

truth was the errant lover told

Not proud nor listless was the lad

who offered light of youth to old


 

First he came to were blind and dumb

ignorance, most cruel with its might

Harsh, cold and so unrelenting

he gave all he had to the fight


 

On through light of fearless nature

prejudice, once met he would brave

He hunted the cold screaming raven

to put her in an early grave


 

Along life's labored path he walked

jealous, persons followed him on

Enemies of kind nature

chased his spirit till near but gone



All that he would have been or done

love, he left behind for the fools

Gathered and scattered among us

as if just so many jewels


 

Left to us was his memory

kindness, shared by way he knew

Shown each a selfless character

he lit the way for me and you


Tate













Available Now





Available Now



© 2013 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Would that we all could have such an impact upon mans own inhumanity to man. As Ghandi was once heard to say "If we look for an eye for an eye it will leave the world blind. In light of the horrific killing at the grade school in Connecticut this morning I would say we have learned little. Hold tight your children to your breast. When I am asked what I want for Christmas I always have to search my heart and the answer is always the same. I want every lonely child to know the love of their family. With that thought I am always reminded of those who pack for the weekend wait by the door for the parent who is just too busy to come get them this week. Loss of family is what makes for the dispossessed. My heart just bleeds for these poor families in Connecticut. For them Christmas will forever be the time that stole their hope, their future, their dreams.
This killing today was the 7th mass murder of 4 or more people in the United States this year alone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

If we listen to the sounds of silence and the passion of men like Ghandi and Mandella, or even the words of those who cry out for peace through their music, ah, the music, we would find ourselves able to walk the path laid out for us from the beginning with a lighter heart. Again, thank you for your words, your passion.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Morgan

10 Years Ago

Hi Barb I ofen wonder if ever we will learn I doubt it



Reviews

A stunning tribute to one of the most admirable men in our lifetime as he was a champion for peace, for the loving spirit of brotherhood of his fellow man. His many hunger strikes were just a sampling of the courage and love he held for humanity!
I am honored to share his birthdate! He shall always be revered in my eyes!
Beautifully writen in all ways Tate!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

What a great tribute to such a great man. I love the last line "He saves the souls of me and you, this is such a wonderful way of showing respect and appreciation for a great man. This was really good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Truly a gentleman of noble nature. Well versed in what life was and should be. He led a cause of humanity and gave all to it. A beautiful tribute to the truth of who this man was spiritually and the teachings he instilled by example not just talk. Your pen created a beautiful epilogue to his life's work. Well done and a gifted work for a very gifted man who left the world a little better place. Your poetic pen flowed with the peace and serenity that his life bequeathed to those left behind to struggle on in his now empty footsteps.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

How peaceful and calm.
It tells how he is with us and never gave up on us.
I liked this one Tate, good job.
~Domo~

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very nice tribute to a wonderful man. A very well written piece that gives us the essence of the man rather than just a list of accomplishments. You really got across a sense of compassion and fellowship.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i'm sorry for the loss Tate, this is really great and a wonderful inspiration. I can tell from the passion and feeling you put in your work. Keep up the good work dude.

-Will

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh my goodness...this is wonderfully pieced together to form such a tribute. Very heartfelt writing as per for yourself. Thanks for sharing your talent.
Babs xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


9
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3530 Views
87 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 14, 2009
Last Updated on July 15, 2013
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..