The Roots Of Love

The Roots Of Love

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

I am the roots, You are the tree.

"




     Share Thi

Aris
"OMG I can't believe you added that picture lol"
Tate's Poem is hanging in the background.



© 2021 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
This I wrote to my daughter on her last night as a child.The night before she left for college

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Man, this is gorgeous! So full of loveliness! A resounding awwwh could be heard as the poem ended. What wonderful evoking of emotion-what a way to convey such an over-conveyed feeling!
And as usual your perfect flow and rhyme only helped your message through the minds (and hearts!) of your readers. I don't doubt that I'll return to read this poem again just to feel the beauty of it...

Really, thank you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Excellent job here. I love the picture...it gives mystery to your words. I think you are going to be another of my favorite writers on here...

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
A most beautiful piece of poetic Magic, here. Words will do no justice describing the divine power in this one. A very pleasant write of devotion to a loved one. Nothing better or stronger than that! It has been captured so well, here. Wonderfully Magnificent!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Simply gorgeous poem my friend. Flowed beautifully. Now why can't I write like that!?

Helena :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



i love how you speak of the continuing energy of a tree, although it's leaves may fall off and die, springtime will come and it will bud and flourish again. I wish more people had this rather realistic view of the ebb and flow in a relationship...there would be a lot less divorce, I think. I also like how you did not describe what type of tree, whatever she chooses to be , you are there to support and strengthen her.

Posted 14 Years Ago


simple and elegant in its simplicity Well done Tate

Posted 14 Years Ago


Your metaphor is simply beautiful and profound, speaking of your legacy and love. What a visual, verbal work of art!

Posted 14 Years Ago


That's truly beautiful Tate.
This is a great poem, its lines compliment one another.
~Domo~

Posted 14 Years Ago


Love it

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful, Tate!!
The roots of love run rather deep..


Posted 14 Years Ago


Very beautiful with great description to convey. Makes me think of (some) my kids slowly but surely starting to head off on their own. A very nice sentiment.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10063 Views
202 Reviews
Shelved in 9 Libraries
Added on November 15, 2009
Last Updated on March 23, 2021
Tags: Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, poem, love, poetry heart

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry