The Martyrs

The Martyrs

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Where does the love of God go,when the days turn minutes to hours?

"

walk for life by Steve Rhodes.

DSC_0195.JPG by Steve Rhodes.

 

So where does the love of God go

when the days turn minutes to hours

Just whose house has God been visiting

when followers hurl rocks not flowers

 

What do we teach our children so well

precious lessons of Christ, we all follow

Condemning the young that chose abortion

so God's teachings will ring out but hollow

 

Where are the mighty gifts of forgiveness

shoulders to cry on, for families that fail

Instead they cast stones of the malcontent

on the lord's children that they assail

 

Perhaps it would serve us all better

if we could call a spade a spade

Then point the finger of hypocrisy

at the army of heretics they’ve made

 

Take a walk to the washing basin

look to the mirrored reflection of pain

Soap will never wash away the ignorance

or the ugly hatred and stench that remain

 

Shame be on us for these things

as we shall reap what we do sow

You can't teach love and tolerance

with every gun and with every blow


Tate



 













Available Now





Available Now




© 2014 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
I'm sorry but if I am to believe the Martyrs I would have to concede that Almighty God needed lowly me to punish the unclean. As he was unable to do it himself. Well where is the God of Noah that with a wave of his hand flooded the world? If he was that ineffectual I think I would go looking for enlightenment somewhere else.

The quintessential question remains by what right do any of us claim divine guidance? There comes a point where judgment is beyond us and we have to leave these things to the individuals involved. Our personal beliefs have no right being imposed on others rights or beliefs. I only wish Twain were still alive as I am sure his witticisms and opinions would be most welcome by the truly enlightened. Protecting the rights of other peoples unwanted children and paying to raise the majority of them through the state will never alleviate the conscience that we offend by our insensibility .!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm afraid that this is one of those poems (along with the pictures and author's comments) whose moral lesson overwhelms the written word. The only thing I don't like about it is the ambiguity (of course, that might be the whole point of the poem) - I mean, it's hard to tell which side of the equation the author is on, not that it matters for technical purposes. There are a few of those 'strained' lines created to force a rhyme, that I don't much like, and an irregularity in the way the 'God' words are capitalized that is distracting, and a few apostrophes that are missing. The first stanza is the strongest followed at a bit of distance by the third and fourth. Good effort and a bit of morality on the side. :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have to fully agree with you. I've been pondering the same sort of ideas.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Martyrs have nothing to do with god and i am sorry i want die for any one but my son husband and god ones that do care for me and if my son or husband and what not i would give a kidney or some thing to a friend if they needed it if they didnt have a donner and mine matched but i don't give my life to just any one i have always said to my son i would die for him if i had to protect him so he might live if it wasnt his falt,and i don't agree with adortion does'nt matter if they have clean insterments i have known woman that have died from losing huge amounts of blood or their lives just seem not as good and they are not as healthy it personally scares me i you don't believe in God but he's the only one that gives life and Takes it away and its the truth and i am not saying every one dying is cause of him i had 2 differnet dremas was of corpses and sickness dreams and lota ones been dying and i was studing Jereimah 33 verse 5. and not all that follow God are the same. Not really sure what to say about this it's every day things that goon all around the world i just stand up for what i believe in God my family my home. it's all you can do is trying in keep on living day by day. but some of this was interesting and i guess i never get into all of this is i am not big on Goverment and poltics and don't Trust the Goverment i Never have not even as a child, no i was'nt Brainwashed i made my own Choices and what not.



Posted 13 Years Ago


FOR SURE! And the pen is mightier than the sword every time - I am 'AWAY WITH YOUR WORDS' here. Great one. Wonderful lessons you do speak!
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with Charles. It is a bit ambiguous. ^^
But I still liked it. Paragraph four was great, and very memorable.

As for the Author's note; I think that applies to more countries than just America.


Posted 13 Years Ago


I am catholic and not by choice...this is very brave of you to post as there is a majority that succumb to this religion. It is hypocritical, I always felt akward spilling my sins to a so called "holy" being that pretended to understand me - meanwhile it is some of the nuns and priests that hide behind the cloth their homosexuality...i find it counterproductive that these people are the ones that tell us not to have sex before marriage and then counsel us during marriage on matters they will never know....and the biggest thing that drives me absolutely bananas is that they use guilt to manipulate and control us....

then we are supposed to have these babies and abortion is a sin...yet there are plenty upon plenty of poverty stricken people bringing and breeding more children to suffer hunger, sickness and abuse....

yes life is sacred....it all is....i have no clear answer but to say

each man and woman has to be aware of their sexual power and not be afraid of it by feeling guilty of it - we have to love our bodies so much more and not reproduce carelessly....because a mother will always live in guilt....either beacuase she aborted her baby, miscarried her baby, gave up her baby for adoption or lives in depression because she brought the baby into her life and doesn't love it or can't provide for it.....



Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2480 Views
62 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 18, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2014
Tags: Poetry, Phylosophy, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT


Death Death

A Poem by HorrorMaster


Love And Lust Love And Lust

A Poem by Manda