Drake

Drake

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

I grew weary of mans delight in watching his brothers endure I took no pleasure in gods sight his beauties had lost all allure

"


Drake and Dodger


To love beauty of pastured scene

as I would walk the path each day

To smell the wafting grasses green

remember where I use to play

 

In meadows I once lay my head

along beside the timeless brook

There I dreamed in my endless bed

until man's cruelty my dreams took

 

I grew weary of man's delight

in watching his brothers endure

I took no pleasure in god's sight

his beauties had lost all allure

 

Till the day I met Drake's gold heart

within him lay my own salvation

His love lent me a fresh new start

he is god's greatest creation

 

Tate














Available Now





Available Now

© 2014 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
He is other than my own son the greatest
boy I have ever known.
In him I see a wondrous curiosity mixed in with mischievousness. He is Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn and Leonardo da Vinci all wrapped up in one little boy ! I might add he has put me in mind of a little Napoleon. He dreams of being king of the world someday soon. He says he might have to ban his mother from all of Christendom though. As she doesn't take orders well. We shall see who has the last laugh lol . Time will tell. But is it not from just such imaginings that empires rise, women swoon and dreams can come true? Possessed with the heart of a lion and the soul of a poet!!! I am proud to call him my friend and my Son!
Tate

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

OMG I'm crying.. This was beautiful.. Tate, what a wonderful piece. No.. Beautiful.. And him, oh wow. He is one special boy.. It brings memories of my son when he was younger. He is my life, my heart and soul.. When I look upon his face my heart skips a beat. So I can relate to this one so well..

You are amazing...

Thank you for sharing..

Mags xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Awww. This so wonderful! Drake is a lucky boy to have you as a friend to him. People make themselves so busy now days, they have no time for children sometimes. Time is a priceless gift, and by your taking the time to be with him, he will learn to take time with others and be kind to them.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I figured this was about your son. I think it give great tribute to him and yourself. I have a story I wrote on here that kind of reminded me of your poem called " Phillips walk along life's past ." Anyway great poem Tate thanks for sharing.

Kelley



Posted 13 Years Ago


A tribute among tributes and when this kind of love comes around it makes us grow and flourish as humans. Self takes a back seat because it no longer need be the focus...it just happens. Nice work Tate...he seems like a lovely boy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Drake, my lad, cherish this memory for all you are worth! There are many of us out there whose fathers didn't know how to tell them how much they were loved, and it has cost us mightily. You are a most blessed fellow, to know how deeply our Tate adores you!
Tate: I mean, wow, dude...what can I say? Steamin' hot, beautifully executed, right out front. Would only note that two uses of 'mans', two uses of 'gods', and one use of 'Drakes' all need apostrophes, as they are possessives. And I think your verb in the antepenult line ought to be "within him LAY". Insigni-ficant oversights, but a masterful, heart-stoppingly beautiful poem, my man!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

aww great poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lovely heartfelt poem.very well written

Freeman

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a touching tribute to someone obviously so special; he's very lucky to have someone like you as you are also lucky for having him! Children are wonderful and when I have some of my own, whenever that may be, I hope they will have a special friend like you too.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so beautiful and touching. What a special bond and it brings up memories of my boys...truly a lovely write...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awww, this is absolutely heart touching and beautiful. Great work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is wonderful Tate! I really like "To smell the wafting grasses green

remember where I use to play" it's a great line!! Keep it up :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3203 Views
76 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on October 13, 2010
Last Updated on October 28, 2014
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Close To Home Close To Home

A Story by Bubo