Childhood Dreams

Childhood Dreams

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

If faith can move a mountain, then it can save a soul.

"



 


 My granddaughter Payton. I bought her a new bear. She quickly took the green sweater off of it, put it on the old bear and cast the new one in the corner.lol She has my heart and well knows it. It's such a helpless feeling to be in her clutches.



If our faith can move a mountain

 then it should save a soul

To have untapped faith in oneself

is life's great gift and goal

 

Within all children lay a dream

to be more than their parts

To open gifts within themselves

warming their tiny hearts

 

Ask a small child this question

"what do you want to be"

Always it's seems there's something grand

through their minds eye they see

 

So where do all the lost come from

 who find their dreams have died

Then see their hopes all washed away

as if cast on the tide

 

No one can say with assurance

what happened to those souls

How all their dreams in life were lost

or for whom the bell tolls

 

If asked of me I would just say

truth is hard to admit

The mind is not a vessel filled

but a fire to be lit

 









© 2018 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Who can say with any assurance that they know where their life will take them?
But like all of us I too had dreams. Maybe they were a bit lofty. Maybe they were naive. We all know the boundless wonder of becoming an astronaut or fearless explorer.
However the man who crushes a child's dreams may as well have killed him.
Forever is the innocence lost. Forever will he doubt the word of all adults. Lost is the beauty of divinity. Lost the love of fair play. Gone the reward for decency, never to return. This is why we must take our responsibility for the young as a most divine effort and solemn responsibility.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wanted to cry reading this having been the child who had dreams crushed at a young age, and how wise you are, for the essence of a child must be protected, nurtured and loved, for their dreams build worlds, and you are clearly a man of deep emotion, and a wonderful father.........your words were beautiful, and if every child had a father like you this world would be beautiful. Bless you Tate, for your wisdom and writing.

So where do all the rest come from
those who find their dreams have all died
With all their hopes then washed away
as if they left out with the tide
_________________________


Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a rather complex poem to review. The usual attention to meter and rhyme are there - better than some efforts I must say. There are at least two very overly-used (cliches) lines (faith moving a mountain ans for whom the bell tolls). I don't mind slipping such things into my own poetry from time to time, but always get hit by my critics for being trite... that said, the lines work well here. You might look at a few changes: lies for lie in line 3, gifts for gift's in line 7, changing from to for in line 12 and changing left to something like went (or sailed) in line 16 - all this just refining the language a bit. I like this poem a lot and especially like the last 2 lines. Good work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


those first two lines grip the soul and take it for an intense emotional ride through the stanzas~
we are all born with such possibilities~ who our spirits chose as parents have a lot to do with wether or not we are permitted to live up to those potentials~
there is nothing more cruel an adult can do than belittle a child's limitless aspirations~

Posted 13 Years Ago



13
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4481 Views
122 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on November 15, 2010
Last Updated on June 8, 2018
Tags: Poetry, Phylosophy, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Curious Alice Curious Alice

A Poem by OT


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT


Pieces Of String Pieces Of String

A Poem by OT


Antiquity's Rose Antiquity's Rose

A Poem by OT