Childhood Dreams

Childhood Dreams

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

If faith can move a mountain, then it can save a soul.

"



 


 My granddaughter Payton. I bought her a new bear. She quickly took the green sweater off of it, put it on the old bear and cast the new one in the corner.lol She has my heart and well knows it. It's such a helpless feeling to be in her clutches.



If our faith can move a mountain

 then it should save a soul

To have untapped faith in oneself

is life's great gift and goal

 

Within all children lay a dream

to be more than their parts

To open gifts within themselves

warming their tiny hearts

 

Ask a small child this question

"what do you want to be"

Always it's seems there's something grand

through their minds eye they see

 

So where do all the lost come from

 who find their dreams have died

Then see their hopes all washed away

as if cast on the tide

 

No one can say with assurance

what happened to those souls

How all their dreams in life were lost

or for whom the bell tolls

 

If asked of me I would just say

truth is hard to admit

The mind is not a vessel filled

but a fire to be lit

 









© 2018 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Who can say with any assurance that they know where their life will take them?
But like all of us I too had dreams. Maybe they were a bit lofty. Maybe they were naive. We all know the boundless wonder of becoming an astronaut or fearless explorer.
However the man who crushes a child's dreams may as well have killed him.
Forever is the innocence lost. Forever will he doubt the word of all adults. Lost is the beauty of divinity. Lost the love of fair play. Gone the reward for decency, never to return. This is why we must take our responsibility for the young as a most divine effort and solemn responsibility.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wanted to cry reading this having been the child who had dreams crushed at a young age, and how wise you are, for the essence of a child must be protected, nurtured and loved, for their dreams build worlds, and you are clearly a man of deep emotion, and a wonderful father.........your words were beautiful, and if every child had a father like you this world would be beautiful. Bless you Tate, for your wisdom and writing.

So where do all the rest come from
those who find their dreams have all died
With all their hopes then washed away
as if they left out with the tide
_________________________


Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

awwww :( so amazing

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree completely with your first stanza ^^
I remember when I was asked this question I always said "I wanna be as great as my Mamma." I still have my dream even if lots of people have told me I'm not great with kids. I'm still whole and I will be forever. Point being, not every child is lost and not every child's dream is smashed. Just remember that on occasion = ) your writing has gotten more depressing lately.
Rain

Posted 13 Years Ago




I loved this poem... well I love all of them actually lol. They flow so well that I always read them aloud :]

Posted 13 Years Ago


beautiful and so inspiring

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked this poem, especially the first two lines. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think loftiness is the ideal dream...to believe anything can be ours...as parents, we enable dreams in our children...help them keep believing...be there when reality checks into the game...
guide them without breaking their spirit...keep them believing that anything is within their reach if they really want it...
This is terrific...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh boy. I would come back and have to read this.. The tears......

You, my dear friend, have such a wonderful gift of expression. Your soul shines like none other and it lights the darkest of nights. And I feel its sprinkle of wisdom fall upon me and I slowly breath its beauty in..

This was outstanding, and the song was sheer perfection lending just that right touch.

Mags xxx

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a very nice write. It expresses something so true, and it expresses it so smoothly and truly and completely.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is beautiful and inspiring. Children should be encouraged to be whatever their little hearts desire. Great write!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


very inspiring. I tell my kids that their dreams are not unrealistic for someone has to accomplish it.....so why not you-you can so be that someone!!!!! My one daughter currently wants to be an actress someday, I tell her "Go for it, we will support you." The other one wants to someday go into research and study a cure for diabetes. Why not her? The impossible can become the possible with hard work and determination and an overseeing hand from the universe.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4481 Views
122 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on November 15, 2010
Last Updated on June 8, 2018
Tags: Poetry, Phylosophy, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Curious Alice Curious Alice

A Poem by OT


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT


Antiquity's Rose Antiquity's Rose

A Poem by OT


Pieces Of String Pieces Of String

A Poem by OT