My Son

My Son

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

How fortunate I am to be the father of this child

"



tate

Tatertot and I

first wife marsha and tate

tatertot and my mother

Tates final run in in his final game for his high school team
tate







Time runs like a river onto the sea.




© 2020 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
I can't think of anything sweeter than to have your own child run down the hall screaming Daddies home.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good looking boy Tate, and your sentiments here are awesome. Who should be jealous of whom my friend, as I wish that I could own that honouring to have a son. To own that experience that has at this time of my life evade me. I least i can be happy for my friend and hope rises through that torch passed on. I wish him well and know he has a firm foundation in which to start having Tate Morgan, as a Father.

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautiful. Good write with background song. Our love and affection towards our own child is essential for his right growth in the good path. Good and thank u for sharing such a wonderful write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh Tate he is such a beautiful child :) This is such a beautiful poem. So wrapped in every word is your love for your son.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This brings tears to my eyes...good tears! You have captured beautiful memories, which are extremely sentimental. I felt the love you have for your son.
Your son is beautiful, I see the foundation of a strong young man. He has a great role model and hero to look up to... Such a wonderful father you are.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
This is sweet! Precious words from a loving dad :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree. The structure make it easier to read. The poem itself is beautiful and full of wisdom and yes that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard..Daddies home..(:

Posted 11 Years Ago


What a sweet daddy.. writing such emotional poems is a fatherly gesture that any child will adore.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful thoughts expressed! Bringing a child into this world, caring for their needs and teaching them how to take care of themselves is a huge responsibility. Sharing your family values, goals and dreams through daily interactions with your children is life's greatest joy! They teach you so much about life and your aspirations!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such a beautiful poem, Tate.
How many things they can teach us...
Your son is really cute...
*Mary*

Posted 12 Years Ago


This brought tears to my eyes. To have a bond with ur son. That is priceless. Makes me stop and listen to the words of a song I have heard so many times.This time I hear the words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Maybe mommies home. Smile

You have masterfully created a work of art. Your gift of writing and artwork is impeccable.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4287 Views
103 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 27, 2010
Last Updated on December 27, 2020
Tags: Poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan