My Son

My Son

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

How fortunate I am to be the father of this child

"



tate

Tatertot and I

first wife marsha and tate

tatertot and my mother

Tates final run in in his final game for his high school team
tate







Time runs like a river onto the sea.




© 2020 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
I can't think of anything sweeter than to have your own child run down the hall screaming Daddies home.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good looking boy Tate, and your sentiments here are awesome. Who should be jealous of whom my friend, as I wish that I could own that honouring to have a son. To own that experience that has at this time of my life evade me. I least i can be happy for my friend and hope rises through that torch passed on. I wish him well and know he has a firm foundation in which to start having Tate Morgan, as a Father.

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

He's beautiful. Im not surprised, comng from such a warm home.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This has special meaning to me. I should two sons (and a third child which I don't know if it was a boy or girl) running up to be with daddy right now. It's the main reason why I feel as I do.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"be mindful where your shadow cast as he is always watching you" oh what an excellent reference to the perils of behaving poorly in front of your children, for they look to you as the example of exemplary behavior, and if
you confuse that young mind by becoming the beast, well, be careful what ye sow, as so shall ye reap.
beautifully expressed and massively impressive. tate, you have another big one here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Adorable kid, and this poem is awesome.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! Awesome and I cannot think of anything any sweeter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A truly amazing job here Tate. I wish I could mark a score for this review as well. I would give it a 110 percent. You entered this poem into my original writings contest, and this definitely fits in. I really like how you created an image with your son with the poem embedded. The song is also perfect for this writing. One thing that caught my eye was your use of the word strait. At first I thought it was an error, and I thought you meant straight. I looked up strait, and I think that was your intention. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amen! This is beautiful man. There is no more important job than being a dad. Good lookin kid, and by your inspired words, I can tell that you love him with everything you've got. Powerful piece! Cheers!

Posted 13 Years Ago


well I don't have a child but I can still feel the love and adoration coming from this. it's a feeling i hope to own one day

Posted 13 Years Ago


the sweetest thing is to watch him grow.. i have heard this from my dad, seen it in her eyes and felt it in his love...this for sure is one of the best poems i have read in the recent times...i'm missing daddy now...wanna go home!!! wonderfully written... :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is beautiful it brought tears to my eyes! It reminds me of my beatfriend and his two little boys it's amazing at how strong a fathers bond is truly beautiful:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4286 Views
103 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 27, 2010
Last Updated on December 27, 2020
Tags: Poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry


Rebecca Rebecca

A Poem by Tate Morgan