The Letter

The Letter

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

I laid out the coin we minted within my hearts own treasury To toss about the thoughts we had of our own benedictory

"
My rendition of my loving wife 
Rebecca and my first grandchild Payton, on her first day of life. 

This my letter to you my dear

who have never written to me

I set before you my great hopes

of the dreams that may come to be

 

I laid out the coin we minted

within my heart's own treasury

To toss about the thoughts we had

of our own benedictory

 

You stamped this coin upon my soul

embossed with love of hope divine

Pressed in the mint of memory

you will age like the finest wine

 

Should you choose to ever leave me

may we find our lost love and stay

Like dreams we both had forgotten

from the hopes of our yesterday

 


© 2021 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
I dreamed a dream that became Rebecca my wife. Herein lies the truth of a tangible life. Oh on our deathbeds will we look back and find the thing we cherished valued and loved was something we barely touched yet dreamed might touch us;that of the love of another unconditionally reaffirming our right to exist and reason to live.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

ahh your subtle and clever "turn o the tongue" rings with the sweet music of the Irish laddie! You have that simple frank statement of the truths of life well honed, and it is a pleasure to read you Master Morgan.

The rhyming of this piece is what I like, and the structure of it

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I do like the simpleness in the words, but the vast meaning there is behind them.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem is sweet and endearing. It is about taking a chance and walking through life together through the ups and downs. The flow is done well as always.

Posted 13 Years Ago


That is one lovely poem. Nice tidy rhyme too.

Posted 13 Years Ago


How sweet! Love love love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a very beautiful and heartfelt piece. Very nicely displayed. The words seem to tell a timeless story..

Posted 13 Years Ago


You're a lucky man to have someone to make you feel this way..to elicit feelings that pour from your heart like tears from your eyes...We think we are in love when we first meet and our blood boils and we wake in the night aching and wishing...needing their body softly wrapped around our own, but as we grow together, they make us tremble...just looking at them across the room.
We see them and all you have done together, loved together, endured together, heartbreaking pain, breathtaking joy and elation, created and raised children...it all feels so incredible to think they still are so thrilled to stand by our side... it makes a lump in our throat and tears well in our eyes when they tell us they wouldn't change a thing...that they'd do it all again...in a heartbeat.
I read you and I'll bet you feel this way about your woman. Not everyone is so blessed as we are.
Great poem...but I'll bet the farm that the words don't do justice to the feeling that spawned them.
Steve

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like the thought of love being minted within the heart. I think that becomes a good extended metaphor especially when the coin is introduced. Also, I really like the alliteration that you used in line 11. I think the poem builds well and reaches a point where the direction of the piece is stabilized by stanza three.

This is a touching peace, and it is good to hear your dreams came true.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a wonderful poem. To have such an intertwining of relationships is a blessing. Make sure you keep that struck coin in a special place.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow I’ve had many a dream of a love I lost but in the dream I lose in the end. This is a very touching piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is stunning! What truer words could be spoken of the longing and then the fact that you found your dream come true is even more divine! It reminds me of my poem 'Fit Me Like a Glove'! I certainly know your wife must just weep upon these words.
Love and Light,
Siddartha


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

9863 Views
149 Reviews
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on December 30, 2010
Last Updated on July 4, 2021
Tags: Poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT


Envy Envy

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Why? Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan