A Young Mans Dreams

A Young Mans Dreams

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

So with a pocket full of dreams I traced the river as it flowed More like a stray finding his way I departed the winding road

"

Me back when I was a horseman. Circa early 90s



I hardly remembered my dad

from the time when I was a boy

When he left we were all bereft

there alone to fend for our joy

 

So with a pocket full of dreams

I traced the river as it flowed

More like a stray finding his way

I departed the winding road

 

I went out to try my fortune

and find the father I had lost

How I would grow I didn't know

investing my youth was the cost

 

He was a man of single mind

who would rule with an iron fist

Much was my fear when he was near

that I would make it to his list

 

 

After many years we parted

as I developed my own ways

Never dull my life is grateful

to have had those wonder filled days

 

Tate














Available Now





Available Now



© 2018 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
The life of a horseman is a tough road.The track is the crossroads . Where a man goes to mortgage his soul to the devil for success. It is where the last refuge of the illiterate met the dregs of humanity. Many if not all of us there were at odds with life. From there we all plied our trades, tested our mettle, and grew to manhood. Life as it has always been presented to me was a struggle. But to a young man who had the advantage of 6 generations of predecessors, it was a river of humanity running free. Just as the wind that blew across my cheek each race. Every day the races allowed a man to redeem himself from the day before. To be reborn each and every night. I love the adventure my life has been. And think we all love the feeling of climbing aboard a horse and melding our powers with theirs. Becoming a hybrid of flesh and steel. Increasing our powers ten fold. To be for all intensive purposes a god for a couple minutes. The track for a young man is such a place. It is a microcosm of both the world we live in, and the world of the past that our ancestors lived in. With salvation at the end of the rainbow. At 18 I set out to find the world I had lost. I held 50 dollars to my name. Little did I know I was in for a adventure Ali Baba would have envied.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah I found the pause button so I can read in peace lol. I get the same feeling from a riding a horse but I get a greater one climbing a mountain they are my spiritual adventure.

This poem has inspired me its a great expression of your earlier adventures and the road it set you out on. It is going in my favs :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I was enjoying the poem and then the vocals of that song kicked in half way and ruined it for me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL PIECE...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

thank you
You really have lived a great life. Your work reflects that, as it is always full of life. Very well penned!

Posted 11 Years Ago


You know my dad raised my borthers and me along side my mom, and he too had an iron fist. he was very over protective, especially of me because I am his only daughter. But, I am thankfult to God that he reaised us in that matter because it has made us better people and even greater parents to our children.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You have great courage, Tate Morgan. Simply astounding the life you have led. Be proud for taking your own road, after walking in the road of another's dream. Standing tall to be your own, is nearly an impossible thing, yet here you are, Tate. Here you are.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is nice Tate. I grew up with gaited horses. Doesn't matter the breed they are all addictive . . . worse then drugs IMO. Today I'm horseless, but if the chance ever arises . . .

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this! it really give me a picture of a man walking along side a stream on horse back or leading a horse beside him another great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Even though the transition from searching for you Dad, to racing being a beautiful sport, was tough to pick up (for me, that is) I really enjoyed the poem, and the description of the path of life you had taken. The adventure that your search had finally brought to you. Nicely written, my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3809 Views
95 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 2, 2011
Last Updated on September 3, 2018
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, Dark, Gay, Hate, sex, teen, horror, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT


Black Swan Black Swan

A Poem by OT


Died On Stage Died On Stage

A Poem by OT


I I

A Poem by Robin