Let Me Remember You As This

Let Me Remember You As This

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

The wind from our lives blows by us marking as time runs out it cries Filling life's sails with tattle tales while the dream of our childhood dies

"


Without a care through summers fun

we both tousled life in splendor

Each played in the beams daylight streams

holding one another tender

 

Above the churning sky had blushed

without a worry of the night

We played on high till day was nigh

as darkness overcame the light

 

The wind from our lives blows by us

marking as time runs out it cries

Filling life's sails with tattle tales

while the dream of our childhood dies

 

The cricket's songs leisurely played

rain tapped the ground with our first kiss

A warm night bathed in cool moonlight

let me remember you as this

 

© 2013 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
I can't say that this piece is wrapped completely in reality. It was a thought of youth and time I spent with others and still remember. Time changes everything does it not? Young love is a lot like that. We always entrust our future to the winds of fortune. What once seemed like the end turned out to be only the beginning of something much better. So to all of you who are still young remember this from a man who has been there. It may seem like your love is gone. As if everything you dreamed was just that, a dream. These moments are the ones that carve the character that will make you interesting to others in the future. The only ones who truly know what life has in store, are those who have lived it and come out the other end a little wiser. The pain that will seem to accompany young love teaches us to be true to one another. These pains will help you through life. Through memories of these mutual pains, those endured and those imposed by us on others, we learn to respect each others feelings. This will make you a better person. One you too can respect.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi Tate, what a pleasure it is to read your work and your author's note. I can remember the busy years so well--the years with kids and driving them and meetings and you are so right--the winds of our lives do blow by us--so well captured in this piece---Happy holidays to you and yours!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Enjoyed this. Funny isn't it... how we spend our entire lives trying to hold onto those simple feeling w once felt when we were young... the wonder the world held, and that lifetime of promises one first kiss

Posted 12 Years Ago


A beautiful dream even more beautifully expressed in this work. I loved each line of it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I find that this piece has so much meaning and thought behind it. I really like it. you have written this very well. You couldn't have word this piece of work any better. I also like the pic that you have for this poem, I think it goes very well with it. Thank you for sharing this wonderful work with me. Keep it up and any work you want me to read just send it to me and I'll read it as soon as I can. Once again wonderful work so breath taking.
Bridget Lynn

Posted 12 Years Ago


truely a fine piece of remanises very well done

Posted 12 Years Ago


a remembrance, a splendid picture you give the reader, remarkable in its delivery with words eloquently worded, this is a gem Tate, here I see the Tate from within.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The flow on this one seems your most natural. No forced rhymes at all. This seems more personal.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I always am getting a little life wisdom from every piece of yours that I can use :)
I love the shifts in this poem, they are very effective. The reminiscence of the past in the first 2/3 stanzas set up the realization and the lamentation of the forgotten dreams of childhood.
The last stanza is probably the most song-like, ending with an almost sigh-like quality. "Let me remember you as this" as time went on and reality crushed dreams. Throughout, it is beautiful. Your word choice with "tosselled life" and the wind with "life's sails" and "tattletales" all in this "splendor" in the "daylight", it really sheds light on the childish remembrance of the world in itself.
Probably the hardest thing is holding onto those dreams and working for them, rather than falling into the routine that so many are trapped in.
I like how you intertwined the romance and the reality, which can almost symbolize the previous expectations of the future. Remember them with fondness and appreciate the well-being in the present.
Although maybe that is just the Christmas spirit in me finally started to show its face :)
This is one of my favorites of yours.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Gorgeous. The picture goes along with it as well. As always, extremely well-articulated and silver-tongued.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such a beautiful, thought, aswell a dream, It makes us think we should live any minute, without any regret. Appreciate the little things more... Time flies already so fast... Memories to hold on, and to build further on. Nice poem Tate,

~ Elisa Laura

Posted 12 Years Ago



7
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3305 Views
70 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2013
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, Dark, Gay, Hate, sex, teen, horror, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan