Child of Mine

Child of Mine

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Give me a place where I belong one I can come back to Whenever I have strayed too far away from me and you

"

Drake



Give me a place where the sun shines

everyday I'm alive

Where the darkness never finds me

and I can always thrive

 

Give me a world that loves me

recognizing my gifts

A rocky road that's rewarding

where I can scale the cliffs

 

Give me a friend that shares with me

the things I am made of

An innocent mind a child’s heart

unconditional love

 

Give to me the tools I will need

to make it in this land

Then build foundations under me

upon which I can stand

 

Give me a place where I belong

one I can come back to

Whenever I have strayed too far

away from me and you

 

Give me a friend who'll guide my steps

so I won't wish to roam

As I'll then share my love with you

in this house we call home


 

Tate






© 2019 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
This I believe is Drake's dream for himself and his mother. How I wish he were my own child as well as my friend. What is there to say of this extraordinary young man that I haven't already said? He is the brightest of light in this world. We choose our family as much as we create them. I saw in him the undeniable desire to dream. Because he is so like me. A mind that wanders the wonders of life at will. I wish you well Drake. May the quest for your hearts desires not be too easy. But instead be fulfilling and rich.
My friend Drake.

This poem consists of a classic A.B.C.B. quatrain rhyme scheme. where the last word of the 2nd and 4th lines rhyme. Along with that I used 8 syllables in each 1st and 3rd line.Followed by 6 syllables in each 2nd and 4th line.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a wonderful tribute, Tate .. that young man is obviously very special and a friend for life, God willing. I don't have children, YET, but i know from family and friends how special youngsters are, how adults can see the world renewed by merely walking or listening to them. You're a very lucky man to know Drake and he's fortunate to have you write such a wonderful poem about and for him.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think I really needed this. Such innocence and hope that I am lacking at the moment, I believe. It's like clear water, this dream and vision that speaks volumes for us all. Indeed, quite emotionally satisfying. It fills the voids in us for a moment so we can dream as well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Just beautiful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awesome work, stellar write, emotionally satisfying.

Posted 12 Years Ago


To dream of great and endless possibilities is a gift & too long and hope for new tomorrow is to love life in its fullest.
Tate your poem is beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really felt this poem, another beautiful write:-)

Posted 12 Years Ago


absolutely beautiful as is all you work Sweet Tate.

Posted 12 Years Ago


beautiful poem for a love that is stronger than life itself, heart-warming Ode to a son from a loving father.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The tree grows as it is nurtured.Children learn by example. A good dad is worth his weight in gold.
Encourage him to dream but keep his feet firmly on the ground and hope for the best/My three have all become successful in their different fields and are still speaking to me I must have done something right.
As for your poem you speak from the heart what more do I need to say

Posted 12 Years Ago


It has a unique sense of devotion. Perhaps I am wrong in my summary but even still this was a pleasant gem to read, hold a while in my mind and admire.

Posted 12 Years Ago



6
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2311 Views
59 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 7, 2012
Last Updated on January 16, 2019
Tags: poetry, Life, adventure, poem, heart, love, boyhood

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..