Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
I keep looking

I keep looking

A Poem by arlery
"

This is my first try; I normally don't write like this but I decided to experiment a bit. Give me your honest opinion.

"
I look through the glass everyday,
through the broken shards...
I look as the day eventually fades
and nightfall cascades,
I look as the birds circle and fly away
I keep looking.

I look through the glass everyday,
till those who care have no more to say.
I look as winter envelopes the roads,
as summer bades goodbye,
and dark turns the sky,
I keep looking.

I look through the glass everyday,
as those who arrive, return in dismay.
I look as the leaves fall,
as trees shed their tears,
I look as dear autumn is finally here,
I keep looking.

I look through the glass everyday,
as the nightfall creatures come out to play
I look as they come out of habitats,
I look as they wiggle and dance in the rays.
I look as the heat finally arrives,
as summer returns, I keep looking
I keep looking.

© 2011 arlery


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like someone forever reaching... hoping... dreaming... good write. Enjoyed it, thank you!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Your gazing reflections transport us beautifully over seasons and sighs... nights and days of the world's wonders. Sung with that intimate feel of a careful observer.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's extremely well worded and the scene you describe is vivid and it is clearly visible in my mind. I'm kinda in a trance along with your narrator who is caught looking through the glass, and keeps on looking. I kinda perceive it as a very sad cycle of life for your narrator. I kind of want to see what your narrator sees next, perhaps things would have changed a little bit, but I'm positive this is a great place to stop. It leaves you lingering... leaves you wanting more. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent use of refrain here - I definitely like the epic style. You've captured the sense that this a long, neverending story, and the seasons theme is definitely a plus.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really enjoyed the imagery in this write. You have so much detail in this and it comes through so smooth. Enjoyable read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
I like the idea of contemplation it suggests, as though life is passing by but the speaker is still searching. Perhaps for herself. I like it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


the images and emotions portrayed here are so... it's a simple kind of power isn't it? one that just lazes along without exclamation points and it feels so honest that the lies i tell normally feel guilty on my skin. they sizzle there and glob together like bacon grease after it cools. and you're still looking.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ooh, mysterious. I agree with Jim, that you effectively use repetition (sometimes overused or incorrectly used) and I think that it adds a lot. You didn't force-rhyme so that always helps, too. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this. The repetition works and you have a very smooth delivery. The pacing has a nice flow and I enjoyed the imagery. You created some excellent visuals. I'm not a poet and have no clue about the technical aspects of poetry, but when I'm reading a poem, if it rhymes, I like to be able to follow the rhyme scheme. I'm not saying that poetry has to rhyme, just if it does, I like consistency. But that's from a non-poet.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautifully portrayed i must say!
this piece shows a long wait somewhere hidden in I KEEP LOOKING awesome write!
Keep it up.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

582 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2011
Last Updated on March 3, 2011

Author

arlery
arlery

About
Sometimes, I just wanna just take up my favorite fantasy book and live in my own fiction world... "I prefer to be dreamer, among the humblest with visions to be realized, rather than lord among tho.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ironic Ironic

A Poem by White Ink