Nuclear Crisis

Nuclear Crisis

A Chapter by Armanis
"

Correlation between the terrorist Attack and North Korea's Nuclear weapons.

"

Chapter 5 Nuclear Crisis

Sam Nells is in his office, signing yeses and vetoes attached to proposed bills he was sent from the congress. They were usually never long, everyone agreed on everything, and there was to be no true grey area. The sun shined into his office, and there was a knock on the door.

He sighed before looking up. “What is it?”

“Sir,” Secretary Rocher came in. “There is something you may need to… no. You certainly need to know. North Korea has a working Nuclear Missile, and several operating factories. You need to come with me to the Pentagon. It is of utmost importance, especially with the recent events.”

Nells leaned back in his chair. That’s right. I forgot about hoc whatever its called. I can’t put that off for much longer. He thought to himself before putting both hands firmly on the arms of his chair to propel him up. “Very well. Take me there.”

Rocher lead the President out of the oval office, down nicely lit corridors, and of course the people, military personnel, the civilian workers, and other government officials all saluted him as he walked by. “At ease.” he responded abruptly each time. Each passing moment he counted as seconds seemed like minutes, and minutes seemed like hours and those hours faded into memory. Just memories, seamless memories.

Sam noted the clean lawn, not a blade of grass was out of place, or perhaps they were, but little notice, even a small problem will fade away from his to do list, or a problem that seems small, can only escalate in the future, not matter how little the problem seems to be. Secret Service agents were already on the case for protecting the President, not that anyone might want to assassinate him, and if there were any that might, they were much too lazy, giving the Secret Service, the easiest job in the world. Even the car, which he would get in with the Secretary in the White House, was spotless, perhaps the sun shone a little too brightly, but that was the extent of its flaw. Inside they went, Sam yawned as the car started, and drove off, away from the White House, into the Pentagon.

Nells during his last term had a bridge built specifically to get from crucial points faster, of course everyone warned him the bridge could collapse any minute, and that it makes a prime target whenever something drives on it. He never listened. He only listened to his conscious, and it allowed temporary job placement for the working class, if they were unemployed at the time. It made him popular, and he took into consideration the amount of patience one might have to have to wait patiently day after day just hoping he would use the bridge. The possibility to him seemed highly unlikely.

The rings had finally been repaired after what Sam might now call minor damage during 9-11. Most other officers would disagree, and certainly as one from the military, or a civilian perhaps, which can never put a price on a human life, it is very costly. However, with someone who worked in the CIA, all he did at some points or another, or several for that matter might have put prices on human lives, making them little more than animals to him. Only animals that can be tamed, and perhaps for what they are worth, it’s not his life after all, nor is it a life of his family, but of some lesser creature.

The door was welcoming, with two armed guards, soldiers, marines most likely. He couldn’t remember the uniforms. It was all the same to him. Rocher took the lead, in front of him, and they walked down impressively kept polished and shiny halls. Of course they were all grey, and not the least bit creative.

Rocher lead him into a large room with computers, many personnel took little attention to the president, for they took their responsibility seriously, some might say too serious. Sam didn’t mind it too much, he didn’t let it bother him, since he himself had many other things to do, all very important. Rocher took him to a screen, the screen’s image was frozen, paused rather. Sam looked at it, and he saw a large truck, it was an oil truck, holding god knows how many gallons of oil, and that wasn’t the only one. It was near a cavern of some sort, as if whatever was being fueled was underground, underneath some kind of bunker built within the mountain.

“Where is this? How long ago was this taken?”

“North Korea, eastern side.” Rocher replied. “It was taken this morning.”

“We are just getting it now?” Sam said to him. He took him into a side room, as to not discuss, or to make sure no one knew how pissed off he was.

“The window of our satelite is very limited Sam.” he replied. “There, it is quite possible that even had an additional satelite, we still could have missed it.”

“Are you serious?” Sam asked, less pissed off.

“Yes.”

“S**t.”

“There’s more sir.” he said.

“What more?” Sam asked again in irate.

“That isn’t the only confirmed nuclear facility. That is one reason why we took so long to get back to you.” Rocher wiped sweat from his head. “There are several more scattered across North Korea. There is one chief one in Pyongyang.”

“The Capital? What the hell is that dictator up to. Does he not realize…” Sam started laughing.

“What’s so funny sir?”

“I want you to put a mission together. Don’t rush, it doesn’t seem pressing at the moment, but the time will come when we act on this.” Sam replied, still chuckling as he started walking away.

“What kind of mission?” Rocher replied.

Same turned back with a smile on his face, from ear to ear. “Recon. I want to know what these facilities are being used for. Do they have WMD’s? Are they all interconnected? I want to know numbers, casualties expected if something happens between the neighboring nations. Japan, China, and especially South Korea. Also, there is no way unless Hell froze over while I’ve been sleeping, there is no possible way they gained the know how and resources unless…”

“Unless what?” Rocher said, his mind was still on the potential nuclear crisis.

“Unless there is a…” he looked back and forth, everyone was still looking into their computers. He leaned in to Rocher, “Unless there is a traitor.”

“Well there is that fellow from the other night.” Rocher replied. “People mentioned he might have been with the CIA, if he was willing to kill the people he did, and if he did, it is possible he could be elsewhere from around the world, maybe he was behind it, told them how to do it.”

“Keep your finger’s crossed. Let’s hope that isn’t the case.” Nells answered.


© 2016 Armanis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on August 15, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2016
Tags: korea, nuclear, WMD, crisis, White house, Oval Office


Author

Armanis
Armanis

Revere, MA



About
I am a fantasy author. I do some writing of poetry and short stories under a different name. My writing takes place in the dungeons and dragon world but in an alternate universe since my story doesn't.. more..

Writing
Prologue: Gamble Prologue: Gamble

A Chapter by Armanis


Royal Brood Royal Brood

A Chapter by Armanis


The Unholy Tree The Unholy Tree

A Chapter by Armanis