Chapter 1 Friday, December 14, 2012

Chapter 1 Friday, December 14, 2012

A Chapter by Myranda Arnesen
"

First chapter finally being written!

"
"Mom, I feel sick..." I coughed.

"You have to go to school. You've already missed two weeks. Besides, all that resting isn't good for you. Go to school and depending on how you feel after will determine on whether or not you can take next week off," She answered in a bitchy tone.

"'Kay Mom..." I answered as I grabbed my bag and rushed out to the bus. I was slightly dizzy, very nauseous, and had a major headache. Luckily I had stashed my mp3 player in my pocket so I could drown out reality for a bit longer and sleep. I was on the bus for an hour after all, great huh? I sat down in my normal seat, got my music situated, and took my nap.

When we got to school, I was the first one off the bus. The friend I normally hang with wasn't there yet so I hung out outside on the front steps in the twenty degree weather. It really helped my head. After a few minutes he showed up. He's a super senior again, and we call him Techie, because he is a technology god, but I just call him by his last name, Antanas. He's part of tech crew, as am I. I absolutely love him, but not in the romantic way. I'm lesbian and he's gay, he's also like my older brother and I look up to him a lot.

Anyway, I walked in with him to the rest of our varied group which could practically contain any one in the school at any given moment. Eventually Antanas left to go to the chorus room and I followed. He struck up a conversation after we left so he could sign out of senior study hall.

"So how are you feeling Abby?" He asked.

"Just peachy," I replied in a sarcastic tone.

"No, really. I was very worried about you..." he held the door to the gym.

"Well, I don't think I'll be dying any time soon, but my head kills!" I complained.

"Zoe would probably have some painkillers. We'll go see her after I sign out, 'kay?" He opened the door on the other end of the gym that lead to the cafeteria and senior study hall.

"Thanks," I smiled and mumbled as we walked in. He signed out and we walked somewhat briskly to Zoe's locker It wasn't a long walk, but it was by no means short either. By the time we got there I'm pretty sure I looked as dead as I felt.

"Abby! You're alive! Long time no see! Sweet baby Saint Nick, you look dead to the world!" Her kind smile never fading. Zoe is a Puerto Rican and a sassy little b***h, but kind too.

"Hey Zo, got any candy?" I winced at her loud and obnoxious voice.

"'Course I do! What kind of Rican would I be if I didn't?" She turned and glared at Divinia who was sitting beside the locker they've shared since freshman year. They're seniors this year, and I got a little bit sad remembering that.

"Hey Gale," Divinia greeted me casually.

"Hey Dave," I greeted in equal casualness.

"Here you go!" Zoe said as she tossed the half filled bottle of extra strength ibuprofen at me. "One every two hours," she informed me uselessly.

"Two every hour, got it," I said as I dry-mouthed two pills.

"Abigale," Antanas warned as the bell rang.

I sighed, "Fine, I'll behave Peecko. Better get to class, see you guys next period!" I jogged off towards my first period class, trigonometry. Fun...


© 2012 Myranda Arnesen


Author's Note

Myranda Arnesen
Yes it's a bit boring, but you know what? I don't care. You need to know her whole day in order to understand what will happen throughout the next week.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hm. I understand what you mean about the boring thing. But there's a fine line between boring and aloof. Perhaps you should add more emotion to the way things are instead of just dialogue, but that's just me. You kind of start out of nowhere, maybe add a Prologue? To let readers know what's going to happen. And back to the boring thing, maybe adding some sarcasm to it (not within dialogue) would spice it up a bit.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Added on March 4, 2012
Last Updated on March 12, 2012
Tags: normality, boring


Author

Myranda Arnesen
Myranda Arnesen

Oswego, NY



About
Well I'm just a kid, but I got a few traits that help me stand out. My opinionated, rash, arrogant nature for one lol But I'm also a psychic, I can 'sense' certain things, no I can't read minds but I'.. more..

Writing