Explanations

Explanations

A Chapter by Luna

                “But why?” He whispers in my ear, pressing for an answer more and more. Angela is his friend too so I think it should be time I told him, time I show him the note that I have in my notebook.

                “I’ll show you when we get into class, the explanation is written down in my notebook. If we don’t hurry, though, we will be late to class and get in trouble!” I laugh, grabbing onto his arm and running down the hall, running to science class. We run into the room, panting as the tardy bell chimes over head. Angela is sitting in the corner, reserving our regular seats next to the fish tank. I walk over to them, taking the one right behind Jacob so I can slide the note into his backpack, the backpack that looks like it is meant for hiking and is kept open all through class. Taking my math notebook out of my bag, I tear the page out and write a note on the top, sliding it into his backpack when I am finished writing on it.

                “Alright class! We are doing a-“ Mr. Marcus is cut off abruptly as Patrick races into the room, his messenger bag open and a small patch of dried drool on the side of his face. “Nice to see you could join us Patrick. Is it illegal for you to arrive to class on time or were you too busy beauty sleeping in your last class to even realize the bell had rung?” the class snickers as Patrick begins stammering, trying to explain himself and apologize. This gives Jacob time to pick through his backpack, read the note, and nod in understanding.

                “I’m sorry, sir. I just lost track of time and-and-and…” he fades off, lost for what to say next. His blonde hair is tousled, his blues eyes always full with sleep, his looks always disheveled.

                “Patrick, just sit.” Mr. Marcus  sighed, laying his head in his hand as Patrick slumped back to his seat, the seat that completes our square in the back of the room. “Alright class. Settle down now. As I was saying, today we are doing a lab. We will be in groups of four but you will each have a partner to record the findings on the lab sheet. Alright, get to it!” Angela quickly grabs Jacob’s arm, towing him to the back of the room to claim our groups lab table.  Jacob throws a sad, longing look back at me, giving away his wish to be my partner, be with me.



© 2010 Luna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha, poor Jacob. I can only imagine how hurt angela will be when she finds out. Especially since her friend didn't mention anything to her. Well, let's find out, next chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i dont know if i told you the other day when you had me read this i thought the end was cute:) great job:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this chpater here. I thought it was wonderful.
Found it cute in places.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2010
Last Updated on January 2, 2010


Author

Luna
Luna

Civil War Capital, VA



About
I am a helpless romantic who also loves to attempt to write romance adventure (my novel Maiden Voyage for example) but I tend to try to stick more to poetry. I am southern (yes, I do have an accent) a.. more..

Writing
Failed Failed

A Poem by Luna


Crutch Crutch

A Poem by Luna


Regrets Regrets

A Poem by Luna



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Lab The Lab

A Chapter by Luna


Y Y

A Poem by Dillon Cotter