Our Last Summer

Our Last Summer

A Poem by Luna

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Our Last Summer.



Walking down the beach,
Hands touching,
Feet covered in sand,
The sunset turning the ocean shades of red,
Orange,
Yellow,
Your eyes the color of the sea shining.
Everyday we would do this,
Walk down the beach,
Wishing for the summer to never end,
My thin dress blowing against my body,
My bikini straps showing.
The striped blanket laid out in the cove,
Your arm wrapped around my waist.
Every day goes by,
Memories implanted in my mind
As we lay in the sand,
The sun bleaching our hair.

Our last walk,
Our last embrace,
And you leave me behind,
Walking up the beach alone,
Walking home
Where your girlfriend waits.

© 2010 Luna




Reviews

I could visualize this whole scenario in my mind and felt the warm sun as I read this! the imagery was great. I felt sad over the ending as well but goodbys are never easy, especially when you know they are final! I love the poem but the flow was a little off. if you could have just rhymed the words a little it would have flowed better. but overall it was a great poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is great, I really like these kinds of poems. Now the only thing bothering me, why in the world would he leave?

Posted 14 Years Ago


aw.. i love it, and the last part was really sad, and i was assuming that it was less tragic. but anyways, it's awesome! what song was it inspired anyway? just curious.. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


an amazing poem :) the ending to me was sad and the best bit :) i enjoyed this well done

Posted 14 Years Ago


Aweeee, the ending is so sad!!! :'( makes me feel bad for the narrator. Well written, DEFINITELY a BIG surprise at the end! And that's what makes this piece excellent! 100/100!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's a very strong poem there wasn't one moment I didn't feel the full impact of the words. Amazing job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow i really enjoyed this piece..honestly I wasnt prepared for how it ended so it was surprising which is always nice when you think u know where a piece of writing is headed and it takes a totally different direction. good write :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was a very well writen and interesting poem. Hmm.. it makes me think how someone could do that to the one they love. I know I could never live with myself, but who can control their emotions? Well written and well done=)

Posted 14 Years Ago


A beautiful and kind poem. The description of the beach, ocean and summer love was very good. Nothing better then to be young, unafraid and a long summer day.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


Dear Ms. Luna,

First of all, I thank you for sending the read request. Secondly, to dive into this work. Though you have a strong message and wonderful feeling behind the words. This poem just could not flow for me. A poem has to be written with both the heart and the mind otherwise it is ineffective to its reader. Do not feel as if I am tearing apart your work, but hopefully and potentially edifying you. This work has a lot of good descriptive words to compliment and a good train of though but it is more of lacking in keeping the eye without breaking. I feel like you need to add more in between, "Our last embrace," and "And you leave me behind." It just seems like there's more to this than just a simple waltzing away. You have a lot of heart in this, just structure your heart and sharpen it like a sword: it will prove more effective to your reader in the long while. Again, thank you for the read request. 9/10.

Sincerely,
S. W. Scaggs

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 20, 2010
Last Updated on January 21, 2010
Previous Versions

Author

Luna
Luna

Civil War Capital, VA



About
I am a helpless romantic who also loves to attempt to write romance adventure (my novel Maiden Voyage for example) but I tend to try to stick more to poetry. I am southern (yes, I do have an accent) a.. more..

Writing
Failed Failed

A Poem by Luna


Crutch Crutch

A Poem by Luna


Regrets Regrets

A Poem by Luna



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Poetry Poetry

A Poem by Tate Morgan