Tread Lightly

Tread Lightly

A Poem by Ciara Di Salle

The girl dances a pristine ballet en pointe with one black shoe.

There is no music and the vast stage swallows up her petite and frail frame,

 

 the dark enveloping the single spotlight tracing her rehearsed, delicate movements.

 

The girl is called Tread Lightly.

 

 She thinks. She thinks of her silver music box, the one with detailed engravings and astounding craftsmanship.

 

Ever turning is Tread lightly: The girl with one black shoe. Ever turning like the ballerina in the silver music box.

 

But the girl is freer than the ballerina in the box. She is not enslaved by silver bindings and painted beauty.

 

Unrestricted she leaps and soars all through the dark theatre, leaving the scrutiny of the spotlight behind on the stage.

 

Her arms thin out and expand as they are replaced by blazing orange wings with orange feathers.

 

AND the girl became a phoenix, leaving behind only a trail of smoke, and one black shoe.

© 2013 Ciara Di Salle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

THE BALLERINA ON THE STAGE AND THE THE ONE IN THE MUSIC BOX...AS SHE FLASHBACKS IN HER MIND...AS SHE PERFORMS THE DANCE FOR REAL AND NO RESTRICTIONS...IN TURN BECOMES THE BALLERINA THAT ONCE WAS JUST A BALLERINA SPINNING IN A SILVER BOX...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

good to read this one...good day...
Ciara Di Salle

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much :)
Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

you're welcome...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
1 Review
Added on September 14, 2013
Last Updated on September 14, 2013
Tags: poem, poetry, verse, unrhymed, dark, hope, dance, ballet, beauty, black, shoe

Author

Ciara Di Salle
Ciara Di Salle

Canada



About
My name is Ciara, I am 17 years old. I am an artist, a student, and a writer. I am currently working on my first novel. I love Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Torchwood, Supernatural.. more..

Writing