...But Why Did It Have To Be Her?

...But Why Did It Have To Be Her?

A Chapter by ashalyn
"

Aaron has a secret. A secret that kills him inside from the day he lays eyes on Angel, instantly falling for her, for his secret is that he was sent... to kill her.

"
“Hi” Her voice was so quiet and sweet, like a bird chirping at dawn. The way the golden yellow sun lit up her blonde hair made it shine, it looked like gold spun into thin threads. Her pale skinned face had pink cheeks, why is she blushing? Is she nervous? Her ice blue eyes confirmed that she was. Angel, that name suits her perfectly, she looked just like one; beautiful, elegant, soft face, curved. No wonder she had been chosen... but why did it have to be her? Why? Why was I tortured in this way by the Lord? She reminded me also of a fine china doll, so delicate and breakable looking.
I couldn’t stop myself smiling like an idiot at her; I bit my lip in a poor attempt to suppress it. “Might I suggest, that you two ‘take a stroll in the park’?” Donna was stood behind me, she gave me a little push. I hadn’t expected it and was lurched forward, Angel and I were now only around half a foot away from each other. I wanted to close that small distance between us and kiss her. Don’t be stupid, have some control for goodness sake, you can’t be feeling that way about her. Especially with the task you have been assigned by the Almighty, just think of the reward he promised! Even that was not enough to stop me from falling more in love with her with every second.
Angel giggled at Donna’s suggestion, as if I was missing an inside joke. Her laugh was... remarkable, like a musical symphony. I took a second to embed it into my memory, to preserve it forever in my mind. I only have from now until Friday the eighth of April with her. Until she left me. Until I would be forced to make her leave me. “Good idea, Donna,” I gave her a quick side glance then looked straight back to Angel, who was looking at her feet. I wish she would look up so I can gaze into her eyes. I wish that so much.
Angel’s eyes followed Donna to wherever she was going, then shifted her stare to mine. “Shall we?” I gestured towards the door that lead to the courtyard in the middle of the school buildings.
She looked like she was about to make an excuse and tell me she couldn’t, but then she looked into my desperate eyes and nodded. I held the door open for her, that was the gentlemanly thing to do. “So, have you prepared for tomorrows Physics test?” I didn’t really want to talk about school and tests. I already knew she had revised, it hadn’t been half an hour ago I had watched her taking notes from a Physics textbook, like some creepy stalker but I just couldn’t take my eyes off her. I was just to confounded by the way she seemed to glow I couldn’t think of much to say, I was either going to ask her about the test or blurt out that I was madly in love with her and that her laugh was magical and her eyes look reminded me of melting icicles; it seemed wiser to go with the small talk.
“I’ve revised, but I’m hardly prepared. I’ll have to study some more tonight, I’m a nervous wreck when it comes to tests.” This new information confused me, she was so intelligent and would pass the test easily. I noticed we were the only ones in the courtyard, it seemed everyone else was socializing in the Lunch Hall, studying or had either just left, when they heard that P.E was cancelled. The Gym Teachers were at a school rugby match; I’d been asked to join the team when the Winter season was finished and they were holding try outs in four days. I’d probably go along, I needed a hobby.
“I could come round to yours and help you, if you’d like?” The moment those words left my mouth I just thought, uh oh, wrong thing to say to a girl who hardly knows anything about you! I tore my eyes away from her, with a serious effort, and listened for her answer.
“Oh, um, I have my little sister to look after and I have to do some housework,” she sounded genuinely sorry, I looked back at her and into her eyes. She was genuinely sorry, I smiled widely.
“I could help, get the stuff done faster, more time for you to study. I believe we have Maths and Music homework due tomorrow also,” Angel seemed to be considering this for a moment, chewing her rosy pink lips.
“Yea, okay,” she smiled her cute little smile at me, her eyes seemed to sparkle in the sun. When I smiled back she looked down and blushed.
“I’ll walk you home, if you want,” Again more words to regret as soon as they were out. She’ll be thinking I am a freak, well I suppose I am.
“I don’t walk home I get a taxi, and pick up my sister, I live a little out of town,” That explains why I never see her when I leave the school building, “but you’re welcome to share it,” She sat at the end of a low, stone wall that surrounded the flower beds and leant back against the brick wall of the school building, putting her feet up to the side of her.
“I would be delighted,” I joined her on the wall, sitting close enough to show that I wanted to be close to her, but not so close that I frightened or intimidated her. “I guess... it’s a date?” I laughed lightly, marveling at the way her corn-silk hair shone in the light. I’m never going to get over how incredibly gorgeous is, never. Never. Ever. Ever. Not in a billion years. It’s just to much to bare. She didn’t answer but that didn’t bother me or knock my confidence in the slightest. “So, what are your parents like?” I wondered why she had to pick her sister up from school and look after her and do housework, it just didn’t seem right the way she had talked about it.
“Don’t worry, they’ll be out. They always are,” She had said it jokingly but it could hear the pain in her voice and see the tears in her eyes, it made her eyes look even more like melting icicles. “My Dad’s a an Investment Banker, my Mum is a Neurosurgeon and Medical Investigator, both are work-alcoholics. I often wonder if they even notice Christmas go by. What about yours?”
“My Mum is dead, she died in child-birth,” I can lie to her, but I can also never tell her the absolute truth either.
“I’m sorry,” she had said it like she meant it, not just as a reflex. “Your Dad?”
“He works out of the country, so I pretty much have my own home.” That was true.
“What does he do?” Angel brushed her fringe away from her face and tucked it behind her ear.
“I don’t know any specifics or his job title, but I guess he influences important decisions that people make.” She didn’t ask me for any more detail, so we left the topic of my parents there. Nobody said anything for a moment,the silence was not uncomfortable, I was happy just to be in her company.
The school bell rang, marking the end of the school, Angel was about to get up when her phone beeped in her pocket. “It’s Donna,”
“What she saying?” She blushed and looked at the ground.
“She wants to know if I’ve kissed you yet,” Angel gave a short laugh. “Classic Donna to anticipate so much of so little,” We laughed in agreement with each other. Then Angel turned her head and smile at me.
I couldn’t breathe. I was suddenly over come with her, I care about her. I care for her. I... I couldn’t even think the next two words without feeling a stabbing, aching pain my heart.

I reached for her hand, when she didn’t flinch away picked it up and held in both of mine. I don’t ever want to let this go for a second. I looked into her ice blue eyes, she feels a similar way, but neither of us are ready to say it yet.



© 2011 ashalyn


Author's Note

ashalyn
Hope you like it! :) x please leave a review, I love finding out what people think of my stories x

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on September 25, 2011
Last Updated on September 25, 2011
Tags: dark romance, teen, teen romance, devil, god, angel, angels, devils, young adult


Author

ashalyn
ashalyn

Alloa near Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom



Writing
He's Not Dead He's Not Dead

A Chapter by ashalyn


Hyacinth Hyacinth

A Chapter by ashalyn