roots cant change you

roots cant change you

A Chapter by ashesburned

chapter 4

maria

“No, I'm not kidding he did”

there's a silence for a few minutes and then I noticed Aurora's eye wasn't blues so I asked

“Wasn't your eye blue”

I could see she was hesitating to reply back  

“you're just seeing things that's all”

. I get a little mad but just as I was going reply smart Luke came running up the stairs and he was yelling

“ I know what Aurora  is... She's a... Ah... “

Before he could  finish this sentence Aurora  hit him and  he grabbed her kissing  her. I  felt awkward I looked away. She looked down and then out of nowhere punched him in the stomach and threw him off the building

I yelled, “why did you do that you know this is ..72 stories high”. she gave me a smartass smile


“you're happy about it “. shrugging me off  my question“ He'll be fine I swear.”


I sat down and waited on the top of the roof while she walked down every flight of stairs because the elevators aren't working. as my mind began to wonder to the question “ why did shawn kiss me?”

then I spotted Aurora  coming back upstairs I thought she was superhuman only 10 minutes had passed I asked  

“what happened?”


she replied“ we won't be seeing luke till tomorrow”  


I tried to cheer up I didn't want to say anything about her eye again mentioning that just seem to upset her more. Later we were home and it was Aurora’s turn to cook she made shortcake with strawberries on top although I didn't think it was all too healthy I ended up eating three slices Aurora  ate the rest . I like Aurora's cooking it's always good. after dinner I went to my room and suddenly feeling electricity in my back I fell to the ground in pain shooting  through my body I tried to close my blinds where moonlight was coming through it wasn't normal moonlight  it was blue I tried to stand to make it to my bed I could feel a burning on my back I fell to the floor again.

I thought, this time, I might actually die from the pain of my wings coming but this is my third time going through the change, this time, was different though my wings  turned gray in the blue moonlight coming from the cracks in my blind  the pain finally grow to Intense and I passed out. When I woke up to my wings still being out I decided I was going to get rid of them by cutting my wings off I went to the bathroom before Aurora  sees me like this. they burned when I moved around. as the blood poured out onto the bathroom floor flooding to the living room Aurora  and shawn busted through door I wasn't trying to make such a big deal about it but then my wings finally drop to the ground after that I blacked out from the loss of blood but not before  i looked up at them from the ground Aurora's  face was in total shock her face turning paler than normal i woke up in my bed my hair draped over my face it was white with small tense of blue in it I freaked out my hair  had been black as the night sky with a new moon and I hadn't even notice Aurora  walking in the door she was about to come over but she was stopped by luke who pulled her out of the room as soon as she looked  away I felt warm arms around me. shawn had picked me up.  my body it turned cold and I could feel the warmth radiating from his hands I try to look back at my wing but I remembered I had cut them off.

I could tell his face was turning pale when he looks at my hands covered in stains of my own blood he wrapped my back up and brought  my wings out after cleaning the mess up and asked me what I wanted to do with them. I wanted to keep them to figure out what was happening but just as I was about to tell him the wings broke apart into ash I couldn't handle the pain anymore and I blacked out again . the  next morning i woke up in my bed with bandages wrapped around my chest under my tank top shawn fell asleep holding me I tried to get up and saw luke and Aurora watching TV I went to the kitchen and made a list of stuff I needed and then I walked back into my room and asked shawn “you mind if we run some errands. Aurora  is getting ready for work she'll be working pretty late so probably won't be back up till 9 tonight.

He looked up at me to face turning completely white clearing his throat he replied to me “yeah I don't mind.”

we went to a special shop that only a couple of people in the world know I bought spice herbs and minerals that I knew I'd need before we went back to the apartment we walk uphill and I saw a beautiful sunset I looked around and it seems like shawn disappeared I sat down on the bench and  watched the sunset . I  just watched it for about 30 minutes as I was watching it I felt warm hands around me  it was  shawn I turn to him and his face is completely red like he was running a lot but I wasn't sure last time he tried to say something I couldn't understand him  he yelled “ Maria I love you go out with me please!”

I was surprised by his outburst that I didn't know what to say but I just pushed my face into him chest and he fell down we were on  the top of the hill I guess when I turned I had tripped we were rolling into the river below  when we stood up to get out of the water I twisted my ankle and shawn picked me up on his back

“oh my ankle hurts”

“Maria you're such a klutz”

I look at him glaring thinking I should hit him but I didn't feel like hitting him then I started sneezing he smiled

he picked up the bags of food and other stuff. it was getting dark I decided I could walk again when shawn pulled me over and put his lips to my forehead

“you ok you feel like you're getting sick maybe a fever”

I looked up and he looked at me

“ I don't think I am I feel ....”as I was bout to finish telling him I was fine some of  the guys grab me from behind and held a knife to me  

I yelled “let go of me”

I bite the guy's hand  punched a guy and then the other guy graded me

he said “Feisty I like that in a girl”

finally shawn dropped the bags and the other two guys went after him and I tried to get free when shawn got hurt  I guess I have to do everything I throw my leg back kicking the guy in the nuts ran to shawn who was badly hurt I put his arm around my shoulder and got him back to the apartment an hour later I was changing his bandages when farewelled in. She took one look at me asked me if I had fun or something I could see the pain in her eyes. She said she's going out I waved goodbye and decided to do homework while shawn recovered his manhood after being saved by women on the couch.




© 2016 ashesburned


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on October 4, 2016
Last Updated on October 4, 2016


Author

ashesburned
ashesburned

new port richey, FL



About
im a country girl who reads her brains out more..

Writing