Monday, October 15th. 6:36 pm.

Monday, October 15th. 6:36 pm.

A Chapter by Aaron Shively
"

No serial killer for Mr. Potts

"

No explosives.

No matter how many times he read it, he couldn’t believe it. His serial killer, his target, his villain, gone! 

This could be an industrial problem. Some kind of chemical, maybe? Even then, the public doesn’t get behind the DA. People always support the little whiny families and surviving victims.

Not that there were any survivors with this.

Ah, f**k it. I’ll catch the next one.

“Sir, Can I have a word?”

“Yes, Kyle?”

Potts had a way with words. His way was to shove them in your face and smear them on your smug mug until you either shut up or went along with his view. It worked with politicians, churches, lawyers, almost everyone. His way never worked with Kyle.

He had to use a different approach with him.

“Sir, the Fortune Drive incident seems to have larger implications than we previously thought.”

“Than you thought, Kyle. I’m sure I grasp the concept.”

“Reports from the coroner’s office seem to say that the two police officers that died today were affected by the same phenomena.”

Potts smiled. It was his de facto response.

“Do they know the cause?”

“No, sir. Initial reports seem to implicate an individual in custody but there’s no details.”

“An individual?”

Potts smiled wider, lighting a cigar.

“Yes, sir. A man has been apprehended. Apparently he’s a point of origin for all victims. He was their mail delivery worker.”

“You mean a suspect, Kyle.”

“The department is shying away from that word, given the special circumstances. Too little is known.”

“A suspect is a suspect.”

He took a long look at his smoke. He tapped his finger on the desk, mulling it over. It wasn’t a long drive.

He looked up to Kyle.

“Tell the driver to be ready in five minutes.”



© 2011 Aaron Shively


Author's Note

Aaron Shively
Reviews welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
Added on April 19, 2011
Last Updated on April 19, 2011
Tags: science fiction, action, horror, cop, detective, post office worker, sick, dark, suspense, aaron shively, aaron, shively, politician, district, attorney, car, crash


Author

Aaron Shively
Aaron Shively

Columbus, OH



About
I have been working as a freelance writer and artist for the last decade. In that time, I've done everything from ghostwriting to toy design and everything in between. I am currently working on a n.. more..

Writing
Harsh Lands Harsh Lands

A Chapter by Aaron Shively