The Beginning of The End

The Beginning of The End

A Chapter by Ash

I dreamt of him again. It feels like a never ending nightmare. Waking up every morning with freshly stained cheeks from my own tears and a seeming earth shattering pain from sitting in a cage. I often think, "Why keep going? What have I to live for?" Even though there are many girls here, I'm always the one that gets picked. Always me.

This all started in the park of what feels like ages ago. My sense of time has disappeared, being locked away in a room isn't of help with that problem.

This all started in fourth grade with my "class buddy." We both had to go to the bathroom, Maria and I, and it was at the edge of the park. We decided to go without telling our teacher because she was just so far away. Worst mistake I've ever made.

When I think back to school,all I can grasp is how much I seemed to hate it. Waking up every morning before 7 just didn't appeal to me in the slightest. I don't understand why I hated it so much though. Getting to see new people every day, what's so bad about that? I miss it really.

§

I can hear faint voices in the corridor outside of my room, I've only seen it three times and from what I remember it was the longest hallway with a very tall ceiling. It echoes like mad so I have to be really quiet.

"You need to control her-" A strange new voice was bellowing through the hall.

"Why what's going on?" I know this voice. Devin speaks as though he is slightly confused by the man's sunken outburst.

"She is sneaking out again, Devin, how can you be so oblivious?" The new voice became louder.

"How can we stop her?"

"We need to tighten security to her room, we can't let this one get out. She knows too much, we'll have the cops on our asses within an hour."

"I'll watch her. I'll stay in her room tonight." I heard the footsteps draw closer to my door, causing me to run back to the cage.

It got darker this time of year, I have a small crack in my boarded up windows but from what I gather I'm about 3-4 stories up.

Also it gets really cold at night. Devin sneaks a blanket into me on nights when it's cold. He isn't really that mean to me... The other boys were mean.. They hit me and called me degrading names that made me question if I really was what they were saying. But he is different. He has never even layer one finger on me aside from helping me up when someone else hit me.

§

"Will you eat while we speak? Is that okay with you?" Devin asks placing a plate of food in front of me.

"Yes sir... What about?" I pick up the fork to start dinner.

"You don't have to call me sir, I won't hurt you. Listen, I want to talk to you about something but you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone or you could compromise it all. Can I trust you with this?" He looks at me like he is silently begging me to follow him.

"Yes sir... Er sorry" I look down at my food, scared of not following his orders correctly and the punishment.

"Don't apologize to me, I should apologize to you. You don't deserve this. Nobody does. What they've doing to you is wrong." Looking at him quizzically, expecting someone to burst through the door at any second.

"There isn't too much you can do about it.." I trail off and begin to eat again.

"There is though. I have a plan but I have to know I can trust you."

"With what?"

"I have to tell you another time they are gonna get suspicious. I must go now. I'll be back late through the night, if you're asleep I will wake you."  He curtly nodded at me and let himself out of my room.

"Not a problem, I haven't slept in days." I spoke to myself quietly.

And with that he left. I wonder what he has to say to me. What could it possibly be. What if I am getting moved again? Away from here? I'm starting to get comfortable.. This place has been my house for a while now, I wouldn't call it home seeing the conditions I'm living in, locked up in a single room with one maybe two visitors.

Being alone in this room most of the day really lets me think. Maybe I'm going crazy? Eh wouldn't be the first to go nuts locked up.

There are about 15 or so of us girls living here. Many of them come and go so I never really have time to get to know anyone. We talk to our next-room-over-roommates through the vents that way non of the guys notice. We aren't supposed to speak to each other at all, one time one girl got beat up so bad that she had 7 broken bones. They have an X-ray machine that shows theme hat they have done to us and they somehow get off on that.


© 2015 Ash


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on January 24, 2015
Last Updated on January 24, 2015
Tags: Devin, Anna, Thrill


Author

Ash
Ash

Weatherford, TX



Writing
The Plan The Plan

A Chapter by Ash


the Trade the Trade

A Book by Ash