Save The Day

Save The Day

A Story by Ashley;
"

I'm not really a fan of this one, haha. David/OC.

"

I slid the thin, silver razor swiftly across my right arm, and waited for the blood to seep out of the light cut.

I chuckled darkly and played with the blood-stained razor in my hand. I really didn’t care how much blood I lost at this point. I had nothing to live for anymore. David, the one thing that kept me from going suicidal, abandoned me. Abandoned me to pursue his dreams. I know I’m being quite selfish, but when we first fell in love, he swore on his life he would never leave me. My parents had left me, my siblings had left me… I had no one. He was the one that saved me from myself. But now, he was gone. And so was my life.

I finally brought myself to do it. I pressed the razor deep into my skin, and slid it across my arm with pressure. I watched as the blood started to pour and drip out. I smiled a little. I wouldn’t have to go through anymore pain. I sighed in relief and titled my head back onto the bathtub, waiting for my death.

I then saw a bright light. The bright, blinding, white light that I’ve been waiting for. The bright light that would take me into a new life, and I would leave my troubles and my past behind me.

And suddenly, I heard a crash that made my head spin.

“Oh my God, Kaylee! Kaylee, can you hear me!? C’mon, we have to get you to a hospital! My Gosh, I’m so sorry!” I heard him scream.

As my eyelids began to droop, I could see David crawl over to the towel rack, grab a freshly cleaned towel, and then crawl back over to my side. He first wiped up the excess blood slithering down my arm, and then wrapped it hastily around the overflowing cut. He then swooped me up, as if I was a newborn who had to be held with the up most care, and carried me out of the bathroom.

“Please keep breathing, please keep breathing,” He pleaded silently as he quickly stepped down the steps. “Don’t worry, baby, everything will be alright. Just keep breathing, we’ll get through this.”

I tried to mutter something back, but before I had the chance to, my vision went black.

My eyes fluttered open, but then squinted. The room I was currently in was painted white. Well, at least the ceiling was. I attempted to sit up, but I was too weak to. Was I in heaven? I glanced around the room, and caught glimpses of medical devices and monitors surrounding the area. That’s a no.

What happened to David? What was he doing back here? Why did he come back…?

My head then started to throb and pulsate. I groaned and fluttered my eyes closed, trying to get the headache to disappear. But I suddenly heard voices whispering. At first, I thought it was my imagination, but then the voices got louder. I recognized one as… David?

“I just heard her groan! You have to let me see her! She might be in pain!” I heard David insist, right outside of my door. I tried to smile, but failed. He still cared about me…

“I’m sorry, young man, but visiting hours are over,” The doctor urged him away. But David didn’t listen.

I watched as the door handle turn, and then the door fly open. And there stood David.

He still looked the same. He still looked heavenly, breathtaking, and gorgeous. A smile spread across his face as his hazel eyes met mine. I could see him fighting back the tears that were ready to roll down his cheeks. I grinned back at him and opened my arms, muttering the simple word, “David.”

He sprinted across the room and flung his arms around me, giving me a bear hug. We sat embraced for a very long time. We didn’t talk, we just enjoyed each others presence. But then I finally broke the silence.

“W-why did you come back? I thought you wanted to live your dream…” He broke the embrace, and instead took my hand and rubbed my palm with his thumb.

“I couldn’t leave. Right when the plane was about to board, I jumped out of my seat and sped to your house. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself. I’d feel to guilty. And besides, I can’t live without you… I love you so much, Kay. You know that, right?” He glanced at me from under his eyelashes, and smiled.

I sighed, but then grinned. “I know, I know. But I don’t think you know how much I love you.”

He giggled and kissed my palm. “Oh, I think I do. But, I have to make you a promise. I will never leave your sight, ever. I love you. You’re my everything. I just can‘t let you slip away, like you almost did…”

I felt warm tears slide down my cheeks as I kissed David on the cheek. “I‘ll stay with you forever.”

So keep breathing,

I said that I’d always be there

Now I mean it more than ever before,

There’s a future worth fighting for

So don’t be scared,

I know how you must be feeling,

With no one to help you carry the pain

I’m coming to save the day

© 2009 Ashley;


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWW ASHLEY THAT WAS AWESOMEE. WILL YOU QUIT BEING SO AWESOME??!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 4, 2009

Author

Ashley;
Ashley;

Hello, Brooklyn., NY



About
Bro, Ashley's Here. I'm Living In The Sky With Diamonds, dealing with boys and their Sick Little Games, and I'm realizing that Practice Makes Perfect ;) more..

Writing
Untouchable Untouchable

A Book by Ashley;


Uno Uno

A Chapter by Ashley;