Untitled.

Untitled.

A Story by Ashley;
"

...

"

 

I slipped my hand into his big, calloused one, feeling comforted by the touch as the tears streamed down my face. His other hand made an effort to wipe them from my face, but they just kept falling and falling.

“Please don’t cry, baby,” He pleaded, frowning in displeasure. “If you cry, I cry. I have to be strong. You have to be strong. We both do. For the sake of us.”

I dug my head into the crook of his neck and breathed in his intoxicating scent. I gently laid a small kiss onto his bare skin, causing him to throw his head back so I could kiss the rest. “I can’t help it, John,” I spoke as I laid another kiss on his Adam’s apple. “I’m going to miss you so much. We’re hardly going to have time for each other, and-”

“I’ll make time for you,” He quickly cut in. “I will always have time for you, Abigail. You’re the most important thing in my life.” He sent me a smile as he caressed the back of my hand with his thumb.

I tried to smile back, but failed as I felt another tear fall.

I felt his thumb come in contact with my cheek, but I pushed it away lightly.

“You need to get to your graduation now,” I informed him, “Or they’re going to start without you.”

He began to protest, but I placed my finger onto his plump lips.

“I’ll be right there, front row, watching you receive that diploma.” I held up my ticket for entrance and showed him a half-hearted smile. “I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

It was true, after all, I wouldn’t miss John’s big day, because this meant the whole world to him.

He would finally be able to get out of this crappy school. He would be free. I would be happy for him, even though I would be stuck in this school for a another year. But that didn’t matter. All that mattered was John.

As I promised, I was there, front row, right next to John’s parents, a proud smile plastered on my face.

I didn’t want John depressed. I didn’t want him to worry and stress over me. I just wanted him to be happy.

“John Martinez!” The Principal called his name. As he strolled onto the platform, I knew this was his moment to shine.

His gown hung loosely on his shoulders, and his burgundy-colored hat was tight on his head, making his hair pop out of the bottom of it, curling up slightly at the ends.

His pearly whites were making their appearance, as his snakebites glistened in the light.

As he clutched his diploma in his hands in great awe, I imagined my hand in his.

I reminisced about all of the great times we had together, and how those would all come to an abrupt stop.

He would be moving on to bigger and better things, and leaving me behind, in the dust.

His eye caught mine, and he grinned widely, winking at me in the process.

I smiled back, letting him live have his moment.

After all, he did deserve it.

 

© 2009 Ashley;


Author's Note

Ashley;
Yeah, I couldn't think of a title lol. This came to me while thinking of the guy I like/liked, lol.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i thought that was wonderful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
--
Love it.
Extremely constructive of me, but I can't think of anything else to say.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Is there any way at all that I couldn't love it? It. Was. AWESOME.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2009
Last Updated on October 18, 2009

Author

Ashley;
Ashley;

Hello, Brooklyn., NY



About
Bro, Ashley's Here. I'm Living In The Sky With Diamonds, dealing with boys and their Sick Little Games, and I'm realizing that Practice Makes Perfect ;) more..

Writing
Untouchable Untouchable

A Book by Ashley;


Uno Uno

A Chapter by Ashley;