Return in triumph

Return in triumph

A Story by Ashley_2015
"

A man met a bunch of worriers at an old battlefield. What do those worriers want from the man?

"

Andy let Taro, a miniature dachshund, run loose in the natural park. Because it was originally bred as a hunting dog, its instinct as a hunting dog is still alive well.

"Hey, do not go too far."

The dog was running past the park, straight into the woods.  Andy called the dog to stop.

"Honey, why not eat lunch?"

Andy's wife Lisa and their son Ken came chasing Andy. She was carrying lunch basket and a plastic containing some Asian style sweets bought at a sweets shop nearby.

 

"I’ll be back with Taro soon. You can eat lunch without me." Andy laughed.
"You bought
Ohagi (a rice cake containing sweet bean paste) even on this hot day today, right?   "I am afraid it may go rotten soon."

 

"Oh, don’t worry, it should be OK. Well, I don’t know why but I ended up doing impulse buying.  Anyway, bring some Ohagi with you, honey"

Andy watch the bean cake.

"I feel kind of nostalgic... It reminds me of good old days several decades back.  Or, it seems much more old days."
"Now that you mention it,  .... this natural park
is the ruins of an old battlefield, right?”

"Yeah, that’s right... Well, I’ll go look for Taro."

Andy was chasing Taro, entered into the forest. Although it’s still in the suburbs of the city, it’s dark in the woods. After he walked for a while, it became brighter and he finally broke out of the forest into the open. It appeared to be a natural open space in the forest.

               

Suddenly, he heard a dog bark, and saw Taro rushing out of the woods.  Reaching his hand to Taro, Andy opened his eyes wide to look at the direction where Taro came out. 

...... A group of armed people came walking from the woods.
They sure were warriors in armour… 
Too much of surprise, Andy could not move as if he was paralyzed, and his mouth was trembling.
 

Corps came in front of Andy, as if they were gliding, in the blink of an eye.
...... The leader of the worrier corps raised his hand.

- Oh, no…  I will be killed by the sword ....
Andy shut his eyes.

He waited a few seconds, but nothing happened. Andy opened his eyes gingerly.  The worrier was grinning and pointing Andy’s plastic bag with his fingertip.

"Oh, Oh ..., Is this, this ...... you want this Ohagi ......?"

Andy, wet with sweat, trembling, passed to the worrier a bag of bean cake. The worrier grinned again, and suddenly pulled out his sword and swung it up. Andy jumped back and , fell to the ground.
Being unable to stand up with terror, Andy was sure to hear the worrier give a shout of joy.   

"OK, everyone, let’s return in triumph!”

© 2015 Ashley_2015


Author's Note

Ashley_2015
Please tell me as much as possible... grammar problems, word usage, and of course, the story. How do you like this story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on November 11, 2015
Last Updated on November 11, 2015
Tags: short story, comedy, fun story, battlefield, worriers

Author

Ashley_2015
Ashley_2015

Los Angeles, CA



About
I was born and raised in a foreign country (East Asia), and moved to the U.S. after I became an adult. So, my English is still not very good. But, I am interested in writing in English! more..

Writing