The Thief

The Thief

A Poem by ashlyn vik
"

about manipulative men. "He's a thief. A snake. handsome and deadly. He's a liar.The devil in disguise."

"

He's a thief.

 

He didnt have to leave you desolate, but he did. He cheated your heart, and swiped your innocence.

He lowered your walls, your armor, your confidence, and your coldness. He stole everything, and never never gave anything in return.

 

You are a victim.

 

You didn't notice. You was blinded by his kind words and sweet face. In awe, you didn't realize the damage being done; the small changes happening to him as he prepared for his departure. You did't catch any hints while under his spell. And then...

 

He just left.

 

Leaving you bare. Naked in a snow storm. You have no protection; nothing to gaurd yourself with. Your left vulnerable to everything evil.

 

He's a thief.

A snake.

handsome and deadly.

He's a liar.

The devil in disguise.

 

He's a man who cares for no one but himself.

 

 

© 2012 ashlyn vik


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A well written warning presented as poetic prose.
But often the truth is we fool ourselves by seeing only what we want to see

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 27, 2012
Last Updated on October 18, 2012
Tags: snake, hurt, theif, cold, heartless, love, smooth, handsome

Author

ashlyn vik
ashlyn vik

fouke, AR



About
I'm a person just like everyone else. I have feelings and I make mistakes. I don't pretend to be someone I'm not... I'm me. If you talk to me, I'll talk back. Im kind if you're kind. I am mean if you .. more..

Writing
A Mess A Mess

A Poem by ashlyn vik