A Soldier's Last Goodbye

A Soldier's Last Goodbye

A Poem by asianeaster915
"

This is a poem about American soldiers who fight and willingly give of their lives so that we can have the freedom to enjoy ours. Thank you troops! For all your sacrifice! #GodblesstheU.S.A.

"
The past at last, is known divine the first the last, without a crime.
I instruct to forbear from holding onto this bottomless pity; I withold until my heart bleeds cold. 
At my very last breath when all is said and done I will look upon the daisy as it opens for the sun. 
The lessons I learned in life will bring me back to a place that will no longer matter-
-tattered I lay waving this American flag, as I lay dying there's no more to lag. 
My heart grows older just within minutes as the sun is giving it's final, "good ridance."
Below the gray I close up inside, just like the daisy on this day I died.
America I have faught for you. I have died. Died. 
Soldiers never give up a fight, always awake to fight off the night. 
The light of the blows grow dim.. as another soldier fades into the earth. Cold. Won.
Another has been given freedom.. and look.. there's the sun. 

© 2013 asianeaster915


Author's Note

asianeaster915
Again, Thank you troops! For all your sacrifice! They give SO much! #GodblesstheU.S.A.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on May 21, 2013
Last Updated on May 21, 2013
Tags: military, fighting, war, soldiers, sacrifice, battle

Author

asianeaster915
asianeaster915

About
My name is Tina, I am an eclectic individual. I come from the big city life. I LOVE diversity and learning and sometimes experiencing different cultures. I am a wife and mother and friend; a homemaker.. more..

Writing