The Withered Flower

The Withered Flower

A Poem by asianeaster915
"

It is Spring time now. Spring has left me feeling inspired. Summer is ahead. All these things stirred up emotions inside that I just had to get out. I hope you enjoy.

"
The way it folds and opens and closes is the most beautiful mystery. 
                        When it rains it radiates this slight hesitance upon yielding to the cold droplets. 

Once it is coated with dew and droplets; doing there job this rippling mist from the sky hugs it delicately yet clings firm to it's entire existence. 

The sun is the enemy as it begins to rise high above the meadow. 
It's fiery heat sends waves that quickly burn into the atmosphere. 

This once misty flower, dappled with dew, over time, turns into nothing but a withered, lifeless, light, crispy and twisted up frame of what once was. 

It no longer springs up confidently with each rain fall. 
It no longer is pleasing to the eye. 

What once was is no more and never before. Life still remains a mystery. 

© 2015 asianeaster915


Author's Note

asianeaster915
I would appreciate you telling me what you thought of this poem after reading it. Thanks!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on March 12, 2015
Last Updated on March 12, 2015
Tags: Spring, Poem, Summer, Flowers, Nature

Author

asianeaster915
asianeaster915

About
My name is Tina, I am an eclectic individual. I come from the big city life. I LOVE diversity and learning and sometimes experiencing different cultures. I am a wife and mother and friend; a homemaker.. more..

Writing