Dream #1

Dream #1

A Chapter by A. Siemens
"

One of the in story dreams my character has about her impending death.

"

It was dark. Too dark. I held my hands up to my face, and they could barely be seen. I didn’t like it, not at all. The air felt stale and stuffy. I didn’t like that either. It was completely silent, and I was afraid to breathe because it might give away my location. 

I wrinkled my nose. Why did I care if someone knew where I was? Wait, now I remember. I was in a maze. Like the little ones I used to make for mice. Except that maze had cheese at the end as a reward. This maze had a monster who wanted to eat me as my prize. 

I felt my heart beat quicker, and I was sure the monster would hear it and know where I was. I felt behind me. My back was up against a door. No, not just a door, but the door. The only door to get out. 

I can’t stay here. He would find me right away. No, I shouldn’t stay here. It wasn’t smart to stay here, and I was smart. I knew I was. I put my hands out in front of me and took a step forward. Then another step. This time my left hand grazed a rough wall. I pulled it back and gently rubbed it. It stung a bit, I must have scrapped it. I slowly put it out again, and gently felt the rough wall. I let my fingers run across it as I took another step, and then a few more. I started to walk a little quicker. 

I smiled. I could do this. Then my hand ran across something sticky and gooey on the wall. I stopped suddenly, my smile disappearing. I touched the sticky spot again. I didn’t like the feeling of it. I put my fingers near my nose and smelt the sticky stuff. It was blood. I jumped back, disgusted, my foot hitting something soft. I looked down, but it was too dark to see what it was. But I knew. I knew what it was. It was another victim. Someone just like me. I turned my head to the side and threw up. I didn’t like this. I wanted out. 

I started back towards the door, but I stopped. It was suicide. I would be found there. I didn’t want to be found. I wanted to be hidden. I took a deep breath of that stale, musty air. I coughed. It smelt like death. I imagined the air to be black. It was like I was inhaling ashes. 

I turned around and walked back to where the body was. I put my hand against the wall again, feeling the sticky blood. I tried to ignore it, and not to vomit all over again. I succeeded that time, and continued to walk. After awhile, my hand touched nothing. It was the end of the wall. Now I should turn. I slowly turned, but instead of finding a wall, I saw it.

Well, I didn’t see it. I just knew what it was. I screamed and started to run back to the door. It followed me. It was a fast runner. I was fast too, but not as fast as it. I could hear the sound of it breathing. I didn’t like that sound. I turned back to look at it, but I couldn’t see it. I wasn’t watching where I was going, and I tripped over the body. I screamed again. It was hovering over me. 

No, no, no! I screamed. No… I started crying and tried to back up. I tried to climb to my feet, but I stumbled. It followed me. I heard it make a noise. I think it was laughter. I cried even harder. I backed up as far as I could. My back hit the door. I stood up and banged on the door. Let me out! Let me out! I cried, but no one was there.

I looked back at it. At the monster. I thought I saw it grin. I screamed again, and it leaned towards me. I saw its face. It had horns on its head, and it looked like a bull, but it walked upright like a human. It had some red, sticky stuff coming from its mouth. It was blood. I screamed again and again. I begged it to leave me alone. It laughed again, and then it lunged. I tried to scream again, but I couldn’t. I saw blood everywhere. It was my blood. Everything started to go black…it was over. But wait, I see a light. It’s all bright now, not black anymore. I like the light, it’s comfortable. 



© 2010 A. Siemens


Author's Note

A. Siemens
Let me know what you think. I might post other piece of this story soon. I love constructive criticism, because I need it to grow as an author so be honest. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on July 27, 2010
Last Updated on July 27, 2010


Author

A. Siemens
A. Siemens

Canada



About
I'm a (currently) unpublished author from Canada. I've been writing since I was very young, and have been making up stories for as long as I can remember. I've recently finished my first full novel, b.. more..

Writing
Letter 1 Letter 1

A Chapter by A. Siemens


Letter 2 Letter 2

A Chapter by A. Siemens


Letter 3 Letter 3

A Chapter by A. Siemens