Chapter one

Chapter one

A Chapter by Solla Winston
"

Introduction---please judge and review, I need some feedback, so do not try to be nice---

"

The hardest part of an essay is the introduction. I mean, we spend so much time on just a bunch of f*****g useless information that by the time we get to the important stuff, the readers are already bored out of their minds. We should just get straight to the point. Maybe if we did that, in real life we would get the answers we wanted. Like, if a kid asked if they would be able to achieve his dream of being the president or some s**t, just tell him that, most likely, he is not going to unless he shows some outstanding ability as a politician. That way he wouldn't spend half of his life focusing on his dream only to be told that he needs to be realistic later on. I mean, don't get me wrong, it would be fantastic if everyone's dreams came true but that just doesn't happen nowadays. Anyway, my name is Acheron. Acheron. Who in their right mind gives their child the name Acheron? Do you know know what Acheron means? Well, I'll tell you. According to the book of baby names, it means the river of sorrow or woe. You can tell that my parents had some great expectations for me. My mother must have held me in her arms, for the first time, and looked deeply into my eyes and thought “sadness, yes this child is the embodiment of sadness, therefore his name will mean the river of sorrow” then slowly raised me in the air, while that song from the Lion King played. At least, it sounds pretty badass. Anyway, my best buddy Galen just calls Cheri. In turn, I call him Captain. Why? Because he is so f*****g mature and calm for his age. I swear by my life that in the thirteen years that I have known him, he has not been angry. I have come to the conclusion that he must be some type of alien who cannot comprehend such negative emotions and at most, becomes only slightly discomforted. The day that Captain becomes angry is the day that people will begin to spontaneously combust or the world begins to implode. If Captain were a character in a show, he would be Gandalf or that wise old man that always helps the main character. Enough with the introduction, I bet you are sitting on the edge of your seat wondering what the hell the point of this story is. We all spend our lives sitting in some corner of the world wondering when the hell we are going to get out of it and yet we do nothing to change our pathetic lives. We transport ourselves into the world of books and wonder why our lives are so disappointing, when most of us would probably die in the book worlds. We all just want our lives to be an adventure. Well, this is the story of the time I had an adventure. And.....end of cliché opening.



© 2013 Solla Winston


Author's Note

Solla Winston
ignore grammar problems, I just want it to be judged and reviewed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on July 6, 2013
Last Updated on July 6, 2013