Soviet Connection Part 2

Soviet Connection Part 2

A Story by Asterix
"

Make sure you read the original before reading this. Or everything won't make sense!

"

Chapter 2

 

It was Saturday when I got the call. I never get calls from the station on Saturday, which meant something was wrong.

When I got to the station I met Inspector Dave Watson, who briefed me on what happened.

I, Sergeant Michael Donovan, was a cop at the time. Crooked as a Virginia fence, though no one on the force knew that.

"Hey Mikey, we got another rape victim" Watson told me "Her friend found her incapacitated in her house, she's awake but not talking".

The briefing of the new case didn't surprise me. In New York City, rape and murder was bread and butter.

"Where" I asked, exasperated. I wanted to get the case over with, no rape case wasted my Saturdays, ever.

As we drove over to 5th street, I had a gut feeling. I was famous for my gut feelings, which often got things done.

As I reached the scene of the crime, everything seemed normal. It was a quiet Victorian house, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

No signs of struggle I told myself.

When Inspector Watson and I entered the house, Sergeant Natalie Gram was already there.

The house looked fine, no tipped furniture, no broken glass. The only thing out of the ordinary was the distraught woman huddled up in the corner.

Looking around the house my gut feeling became stronger, I had a sense this wasn't the normal rape case. This guy was different from the normal druggies who preyed on innocent girls. He was better than that, a real threat to society.

I had no idea how right I was.

 

 

Ivan Cravic sat in his Honda Civic, parked across the empire state building. He was going through the BlackBerry of Ms. Rachel Hawkins, a doctor from central Manhattan. Ivan smiled, things were going great. He had had great fun with the girl yesterday, and she was a social girl, with a very big social circle.

He went through her phone, browsing pictures of her friends, her family, her facebook and other networks.

Oh, humanity has reached he thought the age where plastic boxes reveal so much about someone.

Ivan remembered the night before, how he had zipped the girls mouth.

"Nice parents" he had told her, soon after he had stolen her phone from her purse "it would be horrible if anything happened to them wouldn't it?".

The girl had just stayed there, exhausted from the intense forced sex she had just received, Ivan was cleaning up, putting a close on things for the night.

"I want none of this to get out," he had said to her " speak of this to anyone and I will kill your friends one by one". She had every reason to believe his threat, the contacts section of her phone was all she needed. The nightmare she had experienced was true, very real.

And now, as Ivan sat in his car staring at the empire state building he noticed something.

The handle on the main door was crooked, the screws were probably lose. Whatever it was, it wasn't a problem. He would still enter that building soon enough, crooked handle or not. And when he did, the facade of the empire state building would change forever.

 

I was still looking around while CSU was dusting for fingerprints. Sergeant Gram was still unsuccessful with trying to make the victim talk. I was still bored out of my mind, I had no sympathy for a victim of any kind. It was a feeling that came with 7 years on the force. After 10 minutes of waiting, I decided to go talk to the victim myself, applying my own spin on things.

"Sergeant Michael Donovan" I told her "personally, I couldn't give two f***s about what happened to you, but your gonna need to speak up".

She looked at me wide-eyed, I could tell she was still in pain from what happened. Whatever it was though, it wasn't my problem. I was there to help the girl, it was her job to help me help her.

"Starting off, can you tell us what the perp looked like?" I asked

I could tell she was intimidated by me, you don't normally want to intimidate a rape victim but I was a rule breaker. The girl stammered, but finally began to talk.

"H-h-he told me not to speak to you guys, he knows where all my friends live..." she said, with that she burst into tears once again.

Beginning to get annoyed, I looked up at Watson.

"Enough of this crap," I said "take her back to the station, cool her down and give her a sketch artist, I want a face".

I left her humble Victorian house and got in the squad car, I was eager to get home to my wife. The whole rape case was a bore, sooner or later the girl would speak. After that we would find the rapist, and put the b*****d behind bars. When I was on a case, it was just a matter of waiting. I had enough connections with New York's underworld of crime I could always pin point someone.

 

 

Chapter 3.

 

When I got home, Stephanie was waiting for me on the couch, gorgeous as always.

"Michael!" she called out as I entered, jumping out to me "you left so suddenly, where were you?"

"Just another day in the rotten apple," I told her.

Stephanie and I lived on the penthouse of a 31 floor high-rise in downtown Manhattan. Not easy on a cop's salary, but when you took as much bribe as I did it wasn't a problem.

I sat down with Stephanie to finish watching the Saturday night movie that was on, I'd put the rape case at the back of my brain. I was good at it, being a cop, the only thing I cared for was money and myself. I never cared about a victim and I solved cases by the book, my book. Settling down, I screwed Stephanie before we drifted off to sleep. It was just another day in my carefree life.


Chapter 4: Sunday

 

Ivan Cravic had everything planned, flawlessly as always. Emmanuel Flemming was scum, and he deserved everything that was coming to him. He walked in, blending in seamlessly with the crowd. In his black leather jacket and blue jeans, he was just another man on the 1st floor of the empire state building, nothing else.

Ivan felt the knife in his pocket, his .357 in his other pocket. He knew it was time, everything was perfect. The multiple surveillance cameras and numerous spectators were no difficulty for him. He was perfect.

Ivan waited for the right time, and then it happened. He saw a lone businessman enter one of the elevators. According to the flashing lights at the top of the elevator, the suit-and-tie shmuck was headed to the seventh floor.

Looking around Ivan saw a custodian, sweeping up the wet floor.

Perfect he thought.

Ivan played out the situation in his mind, adding up everything like a math problem.

It's illegal to have cameras in restrooms, and custodians normally have keys to electrical maintenance.

It was flawless, worthy of his perfection.

He thought out his approach, standing in the lobby like any other man. What should he say? "out of toilet paper?". No, he could have filled it recently. Ivan needed something more original, yet effective.

He approached the custodian, who was sweeping innocently with an I-pod in his ears.

"Hey bro," Ivan said, trying hard to disguise his Russian accent.

The custodian took the I-pod out of his ears and acknowledged the presence of the muscular six foot one man before him.

"Yeah?" he asked

"I think some f****t took a piss right on the floor of the men's room" said Ivan, contorting his face and lips at the right time for the most convincing effect.

"Disgusting" the custodian retorted "I'll take a look".

Its a matter of waiting now.

© 2010 Asterix


Author's Note

Asterix
Make sure you've read part one before reading this. I know its a bit long, sorry about that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hm I wonder what he has planned...
xD
Good story

Posted 13 Years Ago


Outstanding writing. It seems you've got the perfect set up for a great book. (: Instead of having these labeled as stories, you should create a book and than break it up to each chapter. It'd be alot easier to gain access to.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The second chapter was even better then the first. I like the cop. Ivan is a cold blooded and heartless killer. The hardest to track down. Fear is the best way to stop problems. A outstanding chapter. Thank you for sharing for the chapters.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


If you write your chapters under the book setting, all your chapters will be connected, so it makes it easier for the reader to find them and keeps them all in order. I'll have to backtrack and find the first chapter...

Posted 13 Years Ago


You did a nice job! Very descriptive, but you do know that you can put your writing in a book...if you copy all this writing and then you go to add work you can put it in a book so it's not scattered out stories...Either way this is a very nice write and I'm always happy to read it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
5 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 10, 2010
Last Updated on October 10, 2010

Author

Asterix
Asterix

Toronto, Canada



About
I write as a pastime. I'm not expecting to be a bestselling novelist. I just write to express my thoughts through stories and like having it read :) Genre: Mystery, Horror, more..

Writing