Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Raven Marx
"

Preview

"
Sun burns my skin now, so I walk in the shadows in the misty night. The moon glows softly far up in the sky, barely any stars glimmering across the black canvas. I sigh, placing a hand on my neck to release the tension. The cool air sends a slight chill as I continue my path through the woods, making my way over to the small town across the river. Thin, helpless twigs snap under my bare feet when I walk over them vaguely. It's been many sunrises and sunsets, and I have yet to make it to the small house at the corner of Woven Road.

I think of sleeping, resting my head on a soft rock, if possible, and slumber until dawn. But I know Death is watching, ready to come when I make a wrong move. So I push myself over a fallen tree and stumble across the muddy road, not taking a minute to rest.

Crickets sing vaguely in the distance and I know I'm close to the town, Ridgeway. It's a blessing to be strong at the long journey I've encountered, so I give myself a great smile and step out of the silent woods. I walk over to the humming river, and before I take a step closer, I can feel the icy water against my skin from the mist in the air. I inhale deeply, clenching my hands into fists at my sides, and take a step into the water. My feet sink an inch deep and the ice burns my skin. I continue walking one-inch deep over the river, shivering in pain. Then I almost slip, hearing Death hissing low in my ear.

With a wavering breath, I stroll carefully over the river until I feel the crisp grass under my feet. It causes me to sing a light song in the back of my mind. The song quickly fades when I notice strands of light in the distance. Glee pumps in my veins and I quickly make my way towards the glow.
(End of Preview)


© 2011 Raven Marx


Author's Note

Raven Marx
Because I am writing this in a journal, I won't be uploading until I finished it in my journal. Sorry for the inconvenience.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on December 24, 2011
Last Updated on December 24, 2011


Author

Raven Marx
Raven Marx

PA



About
Four years in the writing business... Well, me writing is my "writing business" since I was nine. So, yeah... My name is Raven Marx, a young thirteen-year-old who has many dreams and opportunitie.. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Raven Marx