Adventure with a Plastic Dinosaur

Adventure with a Plastic Dinosaur

A Chapter by A. L. Allen
"

This is a Warm-Up that I did for a Creative Writing Club. We were supposed to tell the story of a picture with a dinosaur chasing after a little boy.

"


The two year-old boy put his plastic T-rex in the sand box with a loud sigh. The T-rex wasn’t big and scary like he saw on TV, it was only little and only scared ladybugs and butterflies away. He wished it was bigger.

Just then, his wish came true! The T-rex started growing bigger, and bigger, and BIGGER. Soon, it was taller than the little boy was! The little boy clapped his hands with glee. Who said wishes never came true? His mom screamed and ran away, and so did his dad and two older sisters.

What’s the matter with them? He thought Don’t they know that he’s my T-rex, and that I’ll make sure he doesn’t eat them?

Just then the T-rex looked down at him, and the little boy got the feeling that dinosaur wasn’t in a listening mood. He began to cry and the T-rex roared. The little boy got so frightened that he began to run down the street and into the park. The T-rex chased after him, and he couldn’t get away! People in the park ran away in every direction, screaming and crying and shouting at the police-man on the corner to come and help. The police-man didn’t want to help though; he ran in the other direction instead!

Finally the little two year-old got backed up into a corner. The T-rex was going to eat him! It opened its mouth wide and the little boy could see all of its sharp, pointy teeth and its big, pink tongue.

 

The two year-old threw the small, plastic T-rex away. He didn’t want to play with that toy anymore. It scared him. He got up and ran to his mom, who gave him a big hug and a cookie. He was glad that T-rex’s weren’t really real. :)



© 2012 A. L. Allen


Author's Note

A. L. Allen
This was done in about 15 min., so I apologize if there are any grammatical errors or the story doesn't make perfect sense. I know it's not the most original work, but I thought it was cute anyway. :) Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sweet :) Very imaginative..I remember doing this :) It's really good considering it's just been written in 15 minutes!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The little boy had a very overactive imagination!

I loved how you depicted what was going on in the picture it sounded very realistic to what a little kid might do.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

355 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 27, 2011
Last Updated on January 21, 2012


Author

A. L. Allen
A. L. Allen

Logan , UT



About
Welcome! I have had a lifetime passion for writing. I started when my father introduced me to the wonders of Microsoft Word on a dinosaur of a computer, and haven't stopped since. I have attempted .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by A. L. Allen