Today I took the girls to the park to play....

Today I took the girls to the park to play....

A Poem by Laura E. Aranda
"

I am at the park now and I write online as they swing.......

"

Today I played at the park with the kids
Strange how life is these days.
Even something like this simply could be dangerous
Already a cop car has drove by twice.

 

It seems so sad that people all around carry their happiness in jars closed with tight lids
Even worse that the US government lies when they say, "Crime doesn't Pay"...to them it pays.
Even something like this simply could be dangerous
I fear every car is a wanna-be stalker to take my children in their vice.

 

Today I played at the park with the girls
Their long hair blowing in the breeze making curls
When they go beyond where I can see, my heart whirls.
I just wanna go home, as my fear unfurls

© 2008 Laura E. Aranda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is really good, it is full of truth.

great work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


"people all around carry their happiness in jars closed with tight lids"

That's what I call good poetry! Not enough poets take the time you do to paint pictures for the reader so he or she can appreciate the nuances unspoken in the poem. I liked this one too!

Sal


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
a parents worse fear!!......even a simple thing like playing in the park can be dangerous!...thats so true....
I saw documentary once on kids being lured by a stranger (an act)...the parents who thought their kids wouldnt just walk away with a stranger actually did...u shouldve seen their reaction!!...haunts me till date!

grammar: a cop car has (driven) by

x,
O!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very good!
I agree with a lot of what you spoke
Crime does pay it pays the government great write!!

Orlando

Posted 15 Years Ago


i felt exactly how you did, and no i don't have kids...( i'm 13!) but i guess that i know how my mom feels... i'm sure she could relate to this better than me, but it's almost like you're lost in this huge world.... it brings me back to my feelings of being lost in stores when i was with my mom. Eventually some employee would come and find me, but by then theere was tears streaming down my scared face. nice write!
very true!

~may

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a great poem, but it sends fear into my stomach. I don't have children of my own yet.. but reading this I can already feel that maternal instinct of just wanting to grab them and hide them from the evil world, but loving them enough to want them to be happy and be able to play on the swings at the park.

Great job!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


this one put a lump in my throat, remembering my own childhood juxtaposed with my childrens' how different it is for them....well stated poetry.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2008
Last Updated on August 12, 2008

Author

Laura E. Aranda
Laura E. Aranda

TX



About
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. Rumi You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. ~Navajo Proverb One of my favorite po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


to my Muse to my Muse

A Poem by Emily B