Nina Cucina Your Healthy Gourmet 

Nina Cucina Your Healthy Gourmet 

A Chapter by Nina Pucillo
"

Nina Cucina Your Healthy Gourmet is a cookbook filled with gourmet-tasting, nutritionally dense, sensually gratifying recipes.

"

Flourless Chocolate Cake with Raspberries

      4 Egg Yolks

      6 Egg Whites

      Teaspoon Sea Salt

      ¾ Cup Almond Flour

      ½ Cup Raw Cocoa Powder

      ½ Cup Maple Syrup

      2 Teaspoons Orange Extract

 

1.   Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

2.   Into two large bowls, separate 6 eggs saving two of the egg yolks for another use. Beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer until light yellow; about 3 minutes. While beating, add the maple syrup and orange extract. A little at a time, sprinkle in the raw cocoa and the almond flour; beat until the batter is well combined.

3.   Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. A 'soft peak' is smooth and shiny; the peak will fall just a bit when the beater is removed from the egg whites. Add one quarter of the egg whites to the chocolate mixture; stir to lighten it. Dump the entire bowl of egg whites into the chocolate mixture; fold the egg whites into the batter, using large strokes turning the mixture over and over until there are no more egg white streaks. Pour the batter into the cake pan and place it in the middle of the oven for 17 - 20 minutes or until the tester comes out clean. Transfer the cake from the oven to a cooling rack; cool the cake in the pan for about one hour. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cake. Invert the cake onto the cooling rack to cool to room temperature.

4.   For the glaze: To a sauce pot, add the raw cocoa, Chambord, cran-raspberry juice, walnut oil, maple syrup and arrowroot. Whisk thoroughly until combined. Place the pot over medium high heat and bring the mixture to a boil, whisking continuously. The glaze will thicken becoming smooth and glossy. Remove the pot from the stove.

5.   Place the parchment pieces on the cake plate, forming a triangle. This will keep the plate clean while glazing the cake. Place the cake on top. Ladle a generous amount of glaze onto the cake. Starting in the center and working out toward the edges of the cake, swirl the glaze with the back of the spoon to spread it evenly over the entirety of the cake and down the sides. Starting from the outside edge, working in towards the center, place the raspberries one-by-one directly next to one another. Work inward, creating near concentric circles, until the cake is covered. Gently pull the parchment out from under the cake. If there is residual glaze left on the plate, wipe it away with a damp paper towel.

6.   Serve and enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2013 Nina Pucillo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds yummy and not that tricky, a well written recipe, looking forward to helping my sister as she tries this sometime soon :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 5, 2013
Last Updated on February 5, 2013
Tags: Cooking, healthy cooking, food, health, wellness, cookbook, recipes


Author

Nina Pucillo
Nina Pucillo

About
The Nina Cucina concept was born out of love, when Pucillo decided to put serious focus into creating a new lifestyle for her husband out of a need to lose weight and dramatically improve his health. .. more..

Writing