What Is Love?

What Is Love?

A Poem by Airabella

Love is more than a feeling. It's a choice. Growing up for my first 9yrs in a home with very little signs of love, makes you wonder why love looks so different from someone else view. Different people have different view on what love is or looks like. Some people mistake love as a "mushy, gushy, and touchy" relation. News flash, it's not. Love is something you can see and hear but not touch. You can of course, touch someone you love. So how do you know that you truly love someone and you're not just trying to convince yourself you do? Do you know that love looks like? Love is wanting good things to come to another person. Love is also being concerned and willing to work for another persons befit. 
"Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy. It doesn't not boast. It isn't proud. It does not dishonor others. It is not self seeking. It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth. It always protects, always hopes and always preservers. And love never fails..." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. As you look back on these, you will notice that most of them are actions. That's because actions speak louder than words. You can say "I love you" to anyone, but if your actions don't add up, is it really love?

© 2018 Airabella


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 29, 2018
Last Updated on March 29, 2018
Tags: Love, Truth, caring

Author

Airabella
Airabella

OH



About
I am different. Not like someone you really know. I am different. Not like someone you want to talk to. I am different. My muse is nothing natural. I am different. Talk to me? I am different. You .. more..

Writing
Your best Your best

A Poem by Airabella