Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Naomi Roseღ
"

The first chapter. I will edit it soon :)

"
  Brent hasn't called me today, which I find weird. He normally always calls me at precisely nine o'clock. It is nine thirteen, according to the clock on my computer screen. And he hasn't called.
  I am on my MSN account, browsing through my contacts. No one is online which I also find strange because when I am online at this time normally everyone is on.
  After staring at my MSN for about two minutes, I go on iTunes and browse through my extremely long music library.
  I find Basket Case by Green Day, press play, then throw my head back and stare at my phone. It starts ringing and I leap over to it and press the talk button.
  "Hello?" I ask. Please be Brent, please be Brent, please be..
  "What's up Venus?" I hear a voice say which is not Brent's. It is Kim, my best friend ever since the sandbox. 
  I sigh, almost feeling disappointed. "Hey, Kim", I say, in a monotone sounding voice.
  "Someone is happy to hear my voice", she says, being sarcastic. "So, I kind of have to tell you something."
  I pause the music and ask, "what is it?"
  Kim hesitates, which is very un-Kim like. What happened?
  "I'm pregnant", she says slowly. 
  I nearly choke on..well, I nearly choke on spit. "Seriously?" I ask her. "Oh my God, who is the Dad? Are you gonna keep it? Who else knows? What is going to happ-."
  "Venus!!" Kim interrupts with a loud yell. I fall silent.
  Kim takes a long breathe in and says slowly, "Brent is the father."
  Time feels like it stopped. No. No! This has to be a joke. This is a giant nightmare. I will wake up and smile and go to school and make out with Brent in the hallways and laugh with Kim. 
  "What do you mean?" I ask, in a small timid voice. 
  She sighs and then chuckles. "Brent and I are dating now, Venus", she tells me. "We can't be friends."
  The world crashes down. I feel my eyes become wet and my hand grip around the phone. 
  "Oh", I say softly. "W-we can still be friends! I-i just becau-."
  "No, Venus", Kim interrupts me, again. "We can't be friends."
  Then I hear the phone click, and her words echo in my ears.
  Well, screw them! I can find way better friends! Yeah, I can have a million of friends!! I can be the most popular girl at school.
  Who needs them?
  I slam the phone down on the receiver and browse my iTunes library until I find a song that is perfect for this certain occasion; Becky by Be Your Own Pet.
  I press play and sing along with Jemina Pearl:
  "BFF and you're such a good friend
  but I knew it couldn't last 'til summer's end
  you signed my yearbook and that was pretty rad
  but now I'm getting sick of you and it's just too bad

  I heard you talked a lot of s**t about me
  to your new best friend 

  It doesn't matter anyways
  'cause I've found a brand new friend, okay
  me and her we'll kick your a*s 
  we'll wait with knives after class."
  


© 2011 Naomi Roseღ


Author's Note

Naomi Roseღ
I will edit it later. Ignore the bad spelling and grammar.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thats not right.

Thats not right at all!!!

Poor Venus! Brent should have at least had the dignity to break up with her before knocking Kim up.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! I have been there and know exactly what Venus is feeling! Poor girl to have her world crashed down by a supposed bestfriend that got pregnant by the boy she liked! This kept me interested and I am moving on to chapter 2! This was great!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You did very well with this chapter. I like the use of music to express emotion and feeling. A hard few minute on the computer. A lot of pain was learn and now Venus isn't content. A strong ending to a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


that was good but i guess it kind of like, jumps out at you and it's like so all of a sudden.. It kind of caught me off guard. Overall very good can't wait to see what happens next :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Keeps me reading. I love it so far. Pretty good. Now I am curious as to what happens next.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Really good for your first chapter.
One thing: She's on her cell phone, but then she slams the phone on the reciever out of anger... There's something wrong there I think...
But overall, really good :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Quite enough to shock the reader. It's okay for a beginning but doesn't seem to have the potential for a book. If you make it work out into anything more than a PG Rated teenage rant. I'll read and review it XD

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think this is a good start. I want to smack Kim in the face. She is a dumb person and she needs to get beaten for it. I would punch her in the stomach. Anyway I liked it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

673 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 7, 2011
Last Updated on May 11, 2011
Tags: Cheating, lies, music, pregnancy, ex-best friends, ex-boyfriends.


Author

Naomi Roseღ
Naomi Roseღ

My world



About
Welcome to my world! So, as you see my name is Naomi Rose. Other people may know me as Naomi the lost the ninja. Or just as plain old Naomi XP. I am fifteen years young (bahaha). I write poems a .. more..

Writing
Alice Alice

A Poem by Naomi Roseღ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Naomi Roseღ