I'm not everything you think I am

I'm not everything you think I am

A Poem by Naomi Roseღ

  I am not nice
  and sweet.
  I am rude 
  and obnoxious.
  I am not pretty
  and dressed in
  pearls.
  I am ugly
  and dressed
  in rags.
  I am not perfect.
  I am not clean.
  I am not amazing.
  So tell me, what
  do you see in a
  person like me?

© 2011 Naomi Roseღ


Author's Note

Naomi Roseღ
:/
Please review. I don't want your pity. Be honest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Everyone hides behind a mask of their own making. At least you are smart enough to notice that you aren't always what you seem, but you're letting yourself get into that state of mind where you think nothing but horrors about yourself. No one is perfect. Everyone is beautiful. Life is precious. And we must always know that somewhere inside us we are a good person and all those good things. You're a good writer and you use that to convey your feelings and that's perfectly fine just the way it is.

Posted 12 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Everyone hides behind a mask of their own making. At least you are smart enough to notice that you aren't always what you seem, but you're letting yourself get into that state of mind where you think nothing but horrors about yourself. No one is perfect. Everyone is beautiful. Life is precious. And we must always know that somewhere inside us we are a good person and all those good things. You're a good writer and you use that to convey your feelings and that's perfectly fine just the way it is.

Posted 12 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

It seems to me like you are trying to find yourself, and in the midst of trying to find who you are, you have turned to others for help. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Everybody has been down this road, just keep moving forward. Keep finding inspiration. Sooner or later, The stories you told will seem silly. Stay strong.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A tragedy of self discretization and evaluation, how the poets mind works sadly, a great read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It shows the dark side of a poem instead of the light. Very nice. I enjoyed reading your thoughts.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What I read is brillance! The person in the poem may not be up top like others, but she wants them to see the good in her! Excellent!

Posted 12 Years Ago


My opinion isn't trying to be pitiful since you don't want us saying that stuff, SOOO I think you're an amazing writer. The girl in this poem shouldn't beat herself up about what other's see. The person should see that she is very beautiful and I see a girl trying to find herself.

~Lizzard~

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
I L O V E this! did you write this after I suggested you write something? I ask because it seems like the type of thing that would come from the type of mood you were in! This is a girl saying "I'm done being fake for you, I'm done playing the role you want! I'm me! I'm gonna be me! I'm gonna do me! Like it or F**k Off!!" and that's about how strongly you say it! keep throwing it in there face!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


What do i see? I see a young lady who is finding herself. A young lady that has genuine talent not to mention a sharp mind and most of all a beautiful soul that is what I see.
The poem is self denigrating if you truely believe that you are as the persona of the poem than I hope something or someone comes along to show you differently. I have read a good bit of teen writes on this site and all echo the same message "I'm no good, I'm not worth anything! We all have self-doubts about ourselves, yes even old foggies like me. But you plug ahead you take what life dishes out and you continue the journey. Why am I telling you this? Simple,
I've been down that road before!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cute and creative I am sure that your talent and imagination are the up points

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nobody's perfect, no matter what they may think of themselves. This is a fact of life, and realizing it may come in different ways, and with different reactions. However, they can keep on going with that knowledge. Imperfections are a sign of humanity, a good sign, in my opinion.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1196 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2011
Last Updated on May 12, 2011
Tags: Lies, depression, poetry

Author

Naomi Roseღ
Naomi Roseღ

My world



About
Welcome to my world! So, as you see my name is Naomi Rose. Other people may know me as Naomi the lost the ninja. Or just as plain old Naomi XP. I am fifteen years young (bahaha). I write poems a .. more..

Writing
Alice Alice

A Poem by Naomi Roseღ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..