I'm not everything you think I am

I'm not everything you think I am

A Poem by Naomi Roseღ

  I am not nice
  and sweet.
  I am rude 
  and obnoxious.
  I am not pretty
  and dressed in
  pearls.
  I am ugly
  and dressed
  in rags.
  I am not perfect.
  I am not clean.
  I am not amazing.
  So tell me, what
  do you see in a
  person like me?

© 2011 Naomi Roseღ


Author's Note

Naomi Roseღ
:/
Please review. I don't want your pity. Be honest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Everyone hides behind a mask of their own making. At least you are smart enough to notice that you aren't always what you seem, but you're letting yourself get into that state of mind where you think nothing but horrors about yourself. No one is perfect. Everyone is beautiful. Life is precious. And we must always know that somewhere inside us we are a good person and all those good things. You're a good writer and you use that to convey your feelings and that's perfectly fine just the way it is.

Posted 12 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Raw and honest. But what we, ourselves, percieve as honest is completely different from the truth. This applies to this poem.

No one's perfect, no one is ever 100% clean but that doesn't mean that you aren't amazing or beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is the way a lot of us feel about ourselves, though it is seldom true. Our depression about our life causes us to hate ourselves, even though we shouldn't. This is still an amazing write, no matter how sad the topic. I LOVE IT!!! Keep writing, Naomi :) We're here..

Posted 12 Years Ago


I don't think those things about you!! And you are not ugly..your a very beautiful girl...I would kill to look like you. Who care sif your not perfect? Who really is? Never forget that your amazing...no matter what happens or what you look like or what poeple tell you...
(:

Posted 12 Years Ago


Naomi, a lot of people put on an act...not everyone is what they seem...someone can blow up..and everyone is like that..and it's what makes you who you are. You are not ugly...don't say that...and you are nice.

Posted 12 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1196 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2011
Last Updated on May 12, 2011
Tags: Lies, depression, poetry

Author

Naomi Roseღ
Naomi Roseღ

My world



About
Welcome to my world! So, as you see my name is Naomi Rose. Other people may know me as Naomi the lost the ninja. Or just as plain old Naomi XP. I am fifteen years young (bahaha). I write poems a .. more..

Writing
Alice Alice

A Poem by Naomi Roseღ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..