Split Personalities

Split Personalities

A Story by Anastasia Rae
"

This is something I wrote back in 2011

"

One-the personality the world sees when she walks out the door in the morning. All smiles, all the time, even if they are plastered on. In her own eyes, she’s a good friend. One is an act. One’s purpose in life is to please others. Everyone takes advantage of one; they walk all over her. In a way, one is abused. She wants to fit in so bad; she is desperate for acceptance. She lets herself get sucked into things she is not comfortable doing if it means acceptance. One was picked on and made fun of in her younger days; this is how she formed. One has no voice of her own. Everyone speaks for one.

 

Two-the personality that is shy, quiet and timid. She’s only comfortable in her comfort zone and doesn’t like going outside it. When two is scared or nervous she shuts down, gets quiet and longs to be home; her ultimate comfort zone. Two doesn’t have a voice either, and she usually lets one take over.

 

Three-the personality when she’s with her friends, inside her comfort zone. This is the time when she’s at her best, she’s wild and crazy and a genuine good time. She doesn’t care what anyone thinks or says about her. Three knows how to have fun with her friends. She speaks her mind whatever it is and to whoever-she doesn’t care. Hardly ever does three think before she speaks. Fiercely protective of her friends and despising drama, three is the personality she wishes to be all the time. The best possible personality to be, completely different from one and two.

 

Four-the personality no one sees. The personality that thinks dark thoughts; four is almost never happy. She’s the personality that thinks about driving off the road, into the barrier or off the road totally. The depressed, dark side of her; the personality one won’t allow to show except for when she alone. She thinks about suicide and has done hurtful things to herself in an attempt to make the pain and anger disappear from her life. Sometimes on the verge of insanity, having no one to talk to except herself; no one to give her advice. However, she is more dark than then depressed. No voice, no emotion, no nothing; a bad personality to have.

 

Five-the personality that is sad. The personality that breaks down when no one is around. Very, very few people even know five exists. She doesn’t want anyone to know about her; she doesn’t want anyone to think she’s crazy. Five possesses all the negative thoughts and holds them inside her head till the day’s end and she’s alone. Five is another bad personality to have; always gloomy and down. She’s happy no one sees her when she breaks down at the end of each day.

© 2016 Anastasia Rae


Author's Note

Anastasia Rae
I know there are a few mistakes I saw before that now I can't find, if you find them let me know so I can fix them please! I welcome any comments and feedback, but I am also interested in if anyone can relate to one or more of these different "types" of yourself and if anyone else has ever broken down the different ways they act in different situations.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I could actually feel goosebumps over my arm, as I can completely relate to your story. I feel like everyone has these sort of "sides", whether they be secret or not. And that a lot of who a person is can be determined by what others think of him or her. Also, I especially love the lines "Fiercely protective of her friends and despising drama, three is the personality she wishes to be all the time. The best possible personality to be, completely different from one and two." Honestly? Those two lines pretty much describe me. Great job! Love your writing style!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anastasia Rae

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much!



Reviews

I could actually feel goosebumps over my arm, as I can completely relate to your story. I feel like everyone has these sort of "sides", whether they be secret or not. And that a lot of who a person is can be determined by what others think of him or her. Also, I especially love the lines "Fiercely protective of her friends and despising drama, three is the personality she wishes to be all the time. The best possible personality to be, completely different from one and two." Honestly? Those two lines pretty much describe me. Great job! Love your writing style!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anastasia Rae

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Added on March 5, 2016
Last Updated on March 5, 2016