Because of you..

Because of you..

A Poem by ayejodie

Say how much you hate me
When I'm alive..
Then tell them how you loved me
When I've died.

© 2015 ayejodie


Author's Note

ayejodie
Short and sweet! Ok not so sweet..but my aim is to make the reader think.. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was brutally honest. I think you did an amazing job (maybe not exactly poetically, but it's hard to rhyme with so little words, and besides, I think you did it on purpose for effect, to show the cold-heartedness of people). I see so many people bullying others, hating them, ignoring them. Then they die, or they commit suicide, and suddenly everyone cares. And not even just the people that were ignoring them before. It makes no sense. Great way to bring light to that.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Honest and pure reality about the people and the way they are...well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


short, sweet and oh so true but will we think and change, i doubt it, excellent work Ayejodie, loved it :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Not sweet, but definitely a good one. People easily spit hateful words, and then pretend they never said them when they are faced with responsibility. Nice job~

Posted 9 Years Ago


I like your beautiful poem and likewise Anonimous is right . For example Vincent van Gogh. I don't like his paintings much but he had authentic passion for his work and life but fate had its own plans. His life was a failure after failure...fame?love? nice friendships? happiness?...nothing.

- Jesus

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kind of like how all the great artists of all time didn't get their fame until the day they died and their art lived on.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Reminds me of the song "If I Die Young"
One of the lines in the song is " Funny when you're dead how people start listening.."
Amazing job, my friend!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I am going to love your
Words while your alive
And recite your poetry
Line by line when you are
Gone

Posted 9 Years Ago


ayejodie

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Rico, you are too kind, always.
Wow, well it did made me think.
Its like saying, when I'm alive, Nobody cares for me, but when I die, everyone is probably going to my funeral.
Good poem!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2015
Last Updated on February 4, 2015
Tags: Lies, death, real, hate, fake, people, love, relationships, sad, truth, pretend, suicide, depression, feelings, two faced, liar, broken, anger, hypocrite, life, world, lost, thoughts, quote, short

Author

ayejodie
ayejodie

Ireland



About
Hey i'm Jodie, I'm 23! I hope you enjoy reading and of course, all feedback is more than welcome and very appreciated x more..

Writing
Dying. Dying.

A Poem by ayejodie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


breakdown breakdown

A Poem by ANTO