Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by The XYZ Writer

"This place is called Zilliora. It was founded by people beyond ancient hundreds of milleniums ago. They washed ashore on this island with nothing but each other. They worked to their death, each day a struggle in survival and many were lost. This place was a wasteland back then so not much could be done to it. Just when they had given up their last hope of surviving, a jewel was found. It glowed with radiance, its power bouncing off everything. The land suddenly turned lush and green, the people healthy and prosperous. The jewel seemed to enhance all of their abilities : sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste. And some were gifted in hian, or what you must know to be called magic. Some would form alliances with nature, thus giving them some power over the elements. Spells were very often used, for even the simplest thing such as moving one object to another place. In the beginning, they were happy people living in well, happiness. But soon they became arrogant because of their power and from that arrogance came ignorance. The people began to abuse their abilities. By this time, they had learned how to use the jewel's energy to open gates- or portals- to other dimensions and worlds. They conquered many of these lands and would bring back its treasures and its people to work as slaves in Zilliora. As time went on the jewel turned black from the sins of the people and unleashed its rage by destroying the people and the land. Only six chosen people survived; the only ones who did not have darkness in their heart and soul. They were among the few with no powers. They alone built these catacombs, and buried all their dead into these walls and chambers."
 I wrapped my arms around myself tightly as Analia continued.
"Soon their bodies became part of the earth. The remaining survivors, those last six, went on to make their own families. These people struggled very hard to make a living. The jewel was of no use, as the sins of the people before had darkened its power and energy. In fact it seemed to bring more bad fortune that good. The survivors of the destruction that it unleashed decided that their best fate would be to hide the jewel forever. They buried it deep in the jungle, beyond the chasm to the south, afraid of its awesome power.
"But alas as time would have it someone discovered it again, only 4 centuries ago. The man described it as pure white, with only a tint of black at the core. The man brought it back to the Imperial Palace where the king had a sanctuary made for it. The jewel's good fortune spread on us once more. You know, the land turned green, our crops prospered... then one day it was gone. Someone stole it; the man who used to make daily rounds on checking the jewel. The man who - I think- was your father." Analia hung her head, her eyes downcast.
 My eyes widened; my heart skipped a beat. Analia put the leg she had been massaging down and picked up my right arm. She continued speaking.
 "The moment the jewel disappeared, the land has been wracked with massive storms and fires. Our soil and water have turned poisonous, and all the game has disappeared from the forests. Our people are dying slowly, but surely. The king of that time-your father's time- sent a squad of soldiers to find that jewel and your father. They foud only the latter on the planet earth. I suppose one of them lost control and... and killed your father. And one of them placed that curse mark on your shoulder. By the looks of it, that curse killed anyone you got attached to. It-"
 "NO!" I screamed. "Stop it. Stop it. Don't say anymore!" I clapped my hands over my ears and squeezed my eyes shut. "So that's how it happened," I whispered fervently. "Thats how it happened..."
 My eyes shot open. "You! You people did this to me!" I pounced on the girl my fists pounding. "All my life I've been living in misery, in shame and hate! Do you have any idea what I've been through!" I punched her across the face, blinded with rage.
 Plip, plip. Drops of blood dripped onto the stone floor. Analia raised her head, her eyes meeting mine. But there was something about them that mesmerized me, something I hadn't seen in a long time. They were kind and understanding, not hateful and scared.
    "I know, I know. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of pain you must have been through. I am so sorry. That should never have happened. Please forgive me." Analia's voice was so soft.
  My head turned blank. Tears began to run down my cheeks. I fell onto the bed my face in my hands.
 "Why? Why?" I cried between my sobs.
"There, there. Calm down. I can't tell you that its alright, but I can assure you that you won't ever have to worry about it again." Analia gathered all her ointments and shoved them into a drawer.
 "Wh-what do y-you m-mean?" I said, pausing between hiccups. She smiled warmly.
"I will personally erase that curse off of you first thing in the morning. That curse wasn't put on you by an amateur. It's one of the Forbidden Spells. I'll have to talk to Father about it," she said. Something about her told me she wasn't lying.
 "So that means, after tomorrow, I'll be free?" I asked.
Analia took my hands in hers. "Forever. Now, I told you my story. Would you be willing to share yours with me?"
  "No, I refuse. I still don't trust you and I still have many questions that are unanswered. Why did you bring me here. Why didn't you leave
 me to die in the forest. I would have been fine with that." I wiped away my tears and stared at her.
 "Because I'm not so heartless to do such a thing. I wanted to give you a chance. And there was something I wanted to ask you."
 "And what is that?"
"Where did you get that necklace of yours?" Analia pointed to  my neck.
 "This?"I dangled my chain on my finger. It was a crystal in the shape of a 7 pointed star. "I've had it ever since I can remember. It gives me a  sense of security. And..."
 "And?" Analia was analyzing the necklace, her gaze intent.
"I-I-Its always protected me from anyone who has meant me harm. It usually glows or something to warn me. But it hasn't acted up at all around you. Which means...you've had nothing but good intentions for me."
 Analia grinned. "You finally understand, huh?" Her smile faded. "May I please see your necklace for a moment?"
 "I'm not taking it off, but you're welcome to take a look at it."
Analia leaned over and rubbed the pendant in her hand. Her eyes grew as big as saucers. "I cannot believe it. It really is! It really is part of the jewel!"
 "What? No way, you can't be serious. It must have been bought from a jewelry shop or something."
Analia shook her head. "I am completely serious. Watch, I will prove it to you." She snapped her fingers. The room darkened completely, to the point where I thought I had gone blind.
 I heard Analia's voice speak again. "For millenium, people have used this spell to make the jewel glow on the day of the new moon. It is a simple spell. Let me see if I can do it. Ai shu ko mas!" I glanced at my necklace, waiting for something to happen. All  was dark.
 "Well that didn't work. Why didn't anything happen?" Analia muttered to herself. She repeated the spell  several more times. "It's not working. Maybe you should try."
"Me?" I shook my head even though she couldn't see. "I don't think it would work if I did it. I have no idea what you're even doing."
 "You could try."
"But-"
 "Just try this once."
I didn't even feel like arguing anymore, so I repeated her words exactly. Suddenly the room began to shine deep blue, filling the room with mysterious light. I could feel vast energy bouncing around, and at once felt awed by the sheer power.
 "Can you feel it?" I whispered quietly to Analia
 "Yes.Its amazing," Analia breathed. "And such a small piece too." If I hadn't gotten used to these strange incidents in the past couple of hours, I would have fainted. The Inciopnius had perked up too, and he had come to sit by my feet. We bathed in the glory of the crystal until the light died out, leaving me and the girl gawking at each other.
 BAM! A thudding at the door shook us from out trance. Analia quickly went to open the door." Taro stood in the corridor, juggling three trays of hot, steaming food in his hands. He came in and held a tray out to me. "Dinner has arrived!"
 
                                    *      *       *      *       *         *
 
 "Mmm! This wis oo lood!" I said, stuffing as much food as I could into my mouth. I couldn't remember the last time I had eated. "Shere loo do et mit?"
Taro and Analia stared at me. "What?" they asked in unison.
 I wiped my mouth. "I said 'this is so good' 'where do you get it'."
Taro laughed. "Its just carrots and radishes and whatever else that's left of our vegetable storage. Glad you like it. Here have some of mine too."
 "Really? You must be hungry too," I said but kept staring at the bowl of soup held out to me."
 He raised his eyebrows. "Not as much as you are."
 "Well if you insist." I took his bowl of soup and finished it in one breath. "Ah! Its been so long since I had such a good meal."
 "Give your compliments to Fiora. She's the cook," Analia said. "Oh Taro, did she get angry at you for your tardiness?"
 Taro's eyes narrowed. "That crazy woman, she dropped a pot on my head. See, you can still see the bump."
 "Where?" Analia reached up to see where he was pointing. "You're right. Its hu- ouch! What Taro?"
 Taro clutched Analia's arm tightly, examining her sleeve. "You were bleeding. How?" he demanded. I gulped.
 "Well, the girl and I sort of got into a quarrel. But before you say anything , it wasn't her fault." Analia said calmly.
 "No," I intervened."It was entirely my fault. I was angry and punched her across the face."
 "You were blind with rage! Anyone who was in your condition would had done the same thing." Analia cried out. "Besides it was my people who hurt you, so you had every right to be angry t me."
  Why? Why is this girl protecting me? After what I did to her.
 "
Ann, don't defend her," Taro said.
"Taro! Have you begun to doubt my honesty. I'm speaking the truth. She's gone through a really hard time. Did you see the mark on her neck?" She pushed aside my hair, revealing the curse mark. Taro grimaced at the sight.
 "Lumina," Analia said, speaking more gently now. "Please, please tell me the story of your life. I want to know so I can make amends for whatever happened." She sounded so genuinely concerned, I had no choice but to give in.

 

   


© 2012 The XYZ Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is AMAZING!!!!!!!
There are a few editing mistakes, but if you read through it again, you will be able to easily pick them up.
An amazingly wonderful story with great plot and I will stop jabbering on now as I need to keep reading... It is so good!
P.S I love the names.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loooove the names. How do you come up with them!?

ZILLOOOOOOOOORIA!!! *music plays*

LOL sorry that just randomly popped into my head.

*MUST...READ...ON!!!*

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lumina. That's such a cool name :)
Amazing book so far. So intriguing! I love the whole plot. It's absolutely amazing.

PS. "They foud only the latter on the planet earth." It should be 'found.'

*seconds Allen's review*

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ahhh!! Why do you have to leave it RIGHT THERE!!!!!!! XD

I really like this chapter! It adds so much more to the plot. The secrets and stories are really cool and magical. I feel really sorry for the main character (still don't know her name! Grr.) and I can't wait to find out exactly what happened to her. :)

I like Analia; she seems very gentle and understanding. I'm not sure about Taro, though. He seems nice at times, but then again he's pretty mean at others.

Nice job with this; and don't you dare think about not finishing this book! I love it too much for you to do that!!!! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2012
Last Updated on January 7, 2012


Author

The XYZ Writer
The XYZ Writer

District 14- The Land Of Mermaids- along with my friend Breezy, CA



About
Good day wandering traveler. I hope the writings you read here may be an oasis for your wearied mind. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Please note that I ha.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by The XYZ Writer