Ring

Ring

A Poem by azaleablue

You hated that I would leave my phone on silent. You called that night like you did every night, but I did not answer, I was tired. You’d had two classes and had probably just woke from a nap, I’d had four classes plus three meetings in between, I had just stepped foot in my front door ready to make that evenings meal. Your smile flashed on my phone, I let it ring. You probably wanted me to talk to you while you went to pick up a friend or drive down some dark road. You hated when I let it ring. You’d leave a voice mail, I knew exactly what it would say. I just need to hear your voice. It is what they always said, but I would never get more than a sentence in.

So I called when I knew you could not answer and left my own voicemail. You hated voicemails. You hated that I could only talk between 6 P.M. and 11 P.M.. Because I had to sleep. You hated that I had to sleep.  You hated the three thousand miles in between our bodies, I was in L.A.  You hated that I could not move to Pennsylvania. You hated that I did not text you back 24/7. You hated so many things. You hated the color of my hair, I think it was green that autumn. You hated my low cut dress and the high heels I wore that birthday. You hated that I loved a drink or two on my birthday. You hated when my smiles were not for you. You hated the rain. You hated that I smoked. You hated that I was happy living my life. You hated that I had my own dreams. You hated that you loved me. You hated everything about it. You hated when I let it ring.

© 2015 azaleablue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on November 24, 2015
Last Updated on November 24, 2015

Author

azaleablue
azaleablue

Salem, OR



About
I am an 18-year-old aspiring writer, fiction is my passion, poetry my lover and journalism my secret fantasy. I attend Willamette University, where ill be Majoring in English Literature and minoring i.. more..

Writing