The Underground Dispatch

The Underground Dispatch

A Story by Morgan
"

News of the global situation in 2090

"
News of the World- 10.29.2090

The Underground Dispatch  

America is now a second rate power, the governments policies and failed social projects bankrupt  it citizens and essentially enslaved them to their debtors,  Principally ChinaCo.  The current American  regime  had managed to quell  rather brutally, the last guerrilla  resistance of the old National  Constitutional  Party, a vestige of those who supported  and were willing to defend the Constitution.  Those who were not hunted down and eliminated managed to escape  to the Republic of Texas- The Texans  got out while they could  and were the only true functioning Democracy left  in the hemisphere.

Without the financial support and military backing  of the old United States, many former friends and Allies were left to their own means .  Israel was the first to fall , they didn’t stand much  of a chance after the nuclear terror assaults had decimated their  principal cities .  The failure to confront the growing nuclear threat in Iran in the early part of the century proved to be a fatal mistake. The Israeli retaliation was fierce but brief. They say Tehran will be uninhabitable for another  hundred years. 

When America finally tried to take action, the Chinese simply flipped a switch and activated long planned electronic and anti-satellite  warfare programs that blinded and financially crippled  the country.  Chinese sleeper cells planted long ago, awoke and destroyed key internal  energy and communications infrastructure.  It was all very quick and effective  and largely unanticipated  except  by many sinophobes who saw it all as an inevitable outcome.

China had played the game well, and simply waited for her one time rival the U.S. to collapse under the weight of it’s massive debt burden, no real military action ever occurred, it was then an easy matter to trump up reasons to intervene militarily in the affairs of Taiwan. With their great ally paralyzed by internal conflict, no treaty could save them, and they were “annexed” literally overnight.  Nothing to be done about it, or the thousands of those who attempted to resist.  Japan was reduced to being a vassal of China co. and had become a playground for the Chinese elite who had purchased in previous decades most of the valuable real estate assets.

China was the new world power.  ChinaCo. as they had come to be known,  had extended their influence to all parts of the globe-  their agents had long since purchased  the rights to most of the valuable resources left on the planet, they had established  economic colonies in various parts of the third world established to exploit cheap resources and labor. Their economic and employment policies were little different from their forced labor camps ,if you worked for ChinaCo. you worked for the Chinese  Government,  or more precisely the People’s Liberation Army. You lived in their housing, ate at their commissaries, and bought  what you needed from their company stores.  The goal was to ensnare the workers in their corporate credit system , wherein  there was no real way to ever pay off your debts, you might think you were free, but you actually owned nothing and owed everything.  

Cash money had long been replaced by credits in an attempt to control the black market sale of weapons and drugs.  They knew everything  about you  from the beginning based on your genetic profile, what job you would hold, propensity towards crime, or disease risks.  China Co. was the undisputed leader of the commercial world, the world period.

The EU has fallen apart, and immigrants and agents of the caliphate had infiltrated all aspects of society and Sharia law was now accommodated in most countries.

Germany realized in the early part of the century that multiculturalism was a failed policy; they had become nationalistic and now dominated the European landscape again.  Germany had taken a familiar approach back in 2018 by offering at first to pay for the relocation of the Gastarbeiters, or guest workers back to their countries of origin.  When this failed to remove the unwanted elements a more aggressive Germany for Germans policy was instituted, in which those who did not fit a certain genetic profile were simply expelled from the country to go where they could.

 Europe was now the bleeding edge of the western front of the great ideological struggle between the newly restored Islamic caliphate and the rest of the world.  Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean basin had already fallen under the sway.  China is the Eastern front of the resistance to the caliphate, although their western border areas had always been heavily Muslim, they had managed through aggressive social engineering to isolate  these enclaves.


© 2011 Morgan


Author's Note

Morgan
Please feel free to review

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on October 29, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: cyber, totalitarianism, global, texas, regime

Author

Morgan
Morgan

cincinnati, OH



About
New to writing- have had a longtime interest in history of various eras- currently working in as a creative professional. more..

Writing