Mystery of the Stamps

Mystery of the Stamps

A Story by malmal412
"

A story I had just written for school!

"

 

Kelly Ives, a famous detective, decides to go to Spain for a vacation. She knew it was tourist season and she thought that she would be able to relax and take a break. When she signed into a beautiful resort, she meet D.J. West, whom she later found out was a motorcycle racer. Kelly also has a hobby, she sells rare stamps. She has been making a fortune from them.
As two weeks have passed, she becomes good friends with D.J. She also found out that he likes to sell rare stamps. She has also met two other residents at the resort that are near her room, 2 retired friends, Ed Hall and Eric Curtis. They are close friends and Kelly has heard that Ed’s wife died three years ago. His wife also had a thing for rare stamps.
The next week, Kelly notices that her stamps are disappearing. The only people allowed in her hotel room is D.J West, Ed Hall, and Eric Curtis. Now though, Kelly realizes that it is either Ed or Eric that could have stolen the stamps because D.J. left the resort 3 days ago, and they are still continuing to go missing. She decides to follow Mr. Hall the next time he leaves his room. She waits until he arrives at his destination, which is Eric’s hotel room, and waits until he enters the room. She goes to the door and tries to listen to whats going on in the room, when she doesn’t hear them anymore, she picks the lock on the door and quietly enters. She then goes into a dark corner of the living room to hear the conversation. She then starts to hear their intriguing conversation.
 
         “I can’t believe you,” stated Ed, “she has done nothing wrong to you.”
Kelly thinks that they are talking about her, and she is correct.
         “True, but-“ Eric paused, “I did it for you my dear friend!”
         “For me!” Ed exclaimed, “I never wanted you to cause trouble! I-“ Eric interrupted him.
“I know! What I mean to say is that I know you. I know that you still mourn for your wife. I also know that she loved stamps, especially rare ones.”
“Why are you bring my wife into this?” Ed replied while trying to calm himself.
 Let me finish.” Eric replied calmly, “I thought that if I collected some rare stamps that I could give them to you and it would be a way to always remember your wife.”
As Kelly Ives listens on, she is more and more intrigued with this conversation. She now knew it was Eric Curtis who stole her stamps, but he also had good intentions for them. Kelly turns to leave when she sees D.J with 2 cops walking into the room.
 
         Kelly is wondering why D.J is back in the hotel resort. She sees the cops grab Eric and says, “ Are you Eric Johnny Curtis?”
         “Y-Yes.” Eric said stuttering slightly, and slightly scared.
“You are under arrest for breaking into a Miss Kelly Ives’s room.” The taller cop said to him.
“And for stealing rare stamps from her.” The shorter one continued on, “Don’t try to deny it either, we had heard your entire conversation with your little friend here.” They handcuffed him and took him to the police station.
 
         On Saturday, Kelly visited Eric In the city jail. She had bailed him out.
 
         “Why?” Eric asked confused.
 
         She replied, “Even though you did commit the crime, you did it with good intention.”
 
“Thank you, so very much.” He said sincerely.
 
Eric then surprised the both of them, he hugged Kelly and whispered another thank you. He then walked away. As Kelly turns to leave the police station, she sees D.J.
 
“Your still here?” Kelly asked.
 
 “Well, I wanted to talk to you, but first things first.” D.J. said, “The reason I had Eric arrested was that he stole from you and also so he sees what jail is like. So why did you bail him out?”
 
“I bailed him out because even though he committed the crime, he isn’t the type of person that would be able to survive a month in jail.” Kelly responded, “but what I want to know is why did you come back?”
 
“Do you want the truth as to why I came back?” D.J. asked almost cryptically.
“Yes.” Kelly said confused as to why he seems to be almost nervous.
 
“You.” He said, as soon as that word left his lips, he grabbed her and kissed her. Kelly hadn’t even realized that as their conversation had progressed, that they had walked toward each other. She kissed him back with just as much care and love as he did. They continued to stay in that embrace until the need for oxygen became to strong.
When they broke apart they stayed close to each other and just stared into each others eyes until D.J. decided to break the silence.
 
 “I really really like you. Maybe even love you.”
 “I also really really like you.” Kelly said to him. Then it was her turn to grab him and kiss him to show that she meant what she said, maybe even more. Who knew that when she came to Spain that she would find a mystery and love?

© 2009 malmal412


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
Added on April 30, 2009

Author

malmal412
malmal412

About
my full first name is malorie (also pronounced as mallory) lol, i know my name is weird and unique, and so is the spelling lol my nicknames are: mal, malmal, and i have another, but only a few call.. more..

Writing
my son.. my son..

A Poem by malmal412