The Trashing of "Obamacare"

The Trashing of "Obamacare"

A Story by Father Mojo


The Republican trashing of the Affordable Care Act has nothing to do with the act itself, or with the merits of the ACA -- it has everything to do with Republicans trying to blur history so that people forget that they caused the economic crash of 2008 and its aftermath, and that they have essentially obstructed any plans to fix what they have broken. When they talk about the economy, they talk about how Obamacare is hurting it, which is interesting since Obamacare had been doing all this damage to the economy without even being in place yet.

 

This is the same tactic they used when they wanted to invade Iraq -- they stopped talking about Osama bin Laden and started talking about Saddam Hussein in connection with 9/11 so that a lot of Americans forgot who actually flew planes into the Twin Towers.



 

The Party of "personal responsibility" seems to have a hard time taking responsibility for the damage it has causes. It is always looking for someone to blame and looking to be more militant in response. This is partly due to their allergy to facts. Republicans like to say that the deficit has doubled, when, in fact, it has been cut in half during Obama's time in office. They like to say that Obamacare is creating a nation of forced, part time work, when the facts are that the part time employment is the result of the economic crash of 2008 and those numbers of involuntary unemployed are shrinking. The Republicans like to say that Obamacare is killing jobs, but the fact is that full time job creation is increasing.

 

The fact is that the Republicans broke our economy and have stood in the way of letting anyone, especially the President, fix it. They are now using Obamacare as the blame for what they have done, hoping you forget what they have done. It is a series of lies to cover their own sins. The only lesson they have learned is that when it gets tough, lie more. Republican criticism of Obamacare has nothing to do with the plan itself, it is just an attempt at slight of hand. They are trying to be the Wizard in Oz who hide behind the curtain of responsibility and present Obamacare as the actual culprit.

 

There are employers reducing hours of their employees, and many of them claim to be doing it because of Obamacare, but the reality is that they really want to do it and they now have a convenient scapegoat in Obamacare. And, in reality, that is what Obamacare is to Republicans. It is a scapegoat that allows them to shift the blame that they deserve onto the President. That is what all the criticism is about �" blaming the President for what they have done. It is the favorite pastime of Republicans: Pin The Blame On Obama. After all, a donkey is the symbol of the Democratic Party, and many Republicans �" the Tea Party �" are not very subtle in their belief that Obama should have a tail. 



© 2013 Father Mojo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
Added on October 23, 2013
Last Updated on October 23, 2013
Tags: Obama, President, health, care, Republican, Democrat, GOP

Author

Father Mojo
Father Mojo

Carneys Point, NJ



About
"I gave food to the poor and they called me a saint; I asked why the poor have no food and they called me a communist. --- Dom Helder Camara" LoveMyProfile.com more..

Writing
WINTER WINTER

A Poem by Father Mojo