The Importance of Conversation

The Importance of Conversation

A Story by Ni1408
"

Keep your friends close, and your iPhone apps far, far away!

"
On February 10th 2014, humanity was struck by a giant meteor of nothingness that sent a domino effect of paralysis hurtling around the globe.

This huge void was presented by the absence of information in digital form.

At exactly 16:22 hours GMT, not a single soul, anywhere, could access an online account or establish any data connections.

Social networking, business websites and real time news reports became replaced with a flood of error pages and blank screens.

Mobile phone networks ceased to function and WiFi signals fell silent.

An overwhelming sense of helplessness and confusion swept through the nations.

By that point in time, analogue products had been phased out and nobody knew how to call for help.

The people acted as if vacuity had incapacitated them, slumped in their homes, clutching tablets and smartphones, sobbing into them.

They begged the ceilings for an answer to the madness.

Then the strangest phenomenon occurred.

Amongst the panic and frustration, in public parks and all the streets;

people started talking with one and other.

© 2010 Ni1408


Author's Note

Ni1408
Thanks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha, this is funny, because that is most likely what would happen. When facebook and twitter were gone for a daay, half the kids at school were seriously contemplating suicide. It is pathetic, but sadly sadly true.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 14, 2010
Last Updated on September 14, 2010
Tags: lols internet demise

Author

Ni1408
Ni1408

London, United Kingdom



About
Say Hello more..

Writing
Fifth Floor Fifth Floor

A Poem by Ni1408