Pet Travel Carriers

Pet Travel Carriers

A Story by Barrysal
"

Are you looking for an airline approved pet carrier? If you’re shopping for a new pet travel carrier, it just makes sense to take a look at carriers that have been approved by the airline industry.

"

Vari Kennel Plastic Dog CrateRoll Along Pet Carrier  

  

Even if you aren’t planning to travel by plane right now, you’ll still have greater peace of mind knowing that, however, you travel, your pets will have a more enjoyable trip if they are comfortable and secure in a high-quality airline approved pet carrier.  

  

If you are making plans for a plane trip, that’s all the more reason to get a pet carrier that will provide adequate protection for your pet.  If you try to board your pet on a flight without an airline-approved carrier, you could get a very unpleasant surprise.  

  

The major airlines provide information regarding their standards and rules for flying with a pet.  Be sure you know what is required before showing up with a pet carrier that does not conform to their qualifications.  You will be very upset if you’re not allowed to board the plane with your pet!  

  

If you confirm space availability when booking your flight, small pets can often travel along with you in the cabin of the plane.  You can bring them with you as carrying on luggage if you have an airline-approved carrier that is small enough to fit under the seats of the plane.  Even if the airline’s size specifications for carrying on baggage would allow for a larger sized travel carrier, you want to ensure that your pet can stay close by and fit snugly under the seat in front of you.  You should never consider putting your pet in a carrier in an overhead storage compartment!  

  

For larger dogs, airline approved dog carriers or crates will be required to ensure your pets are protected during flight because they will have to travel in the plane’s special baggage compartment.  Remember to provide adequate identification on the carrier in case your pet gets accidentally misplaced. The Humane Society website offers some additional helpful tips for traveling with pets.  

  

When you’re selecting your pet travel carrier, remember that it must allow enough space for your pet to be comfortable. Even if your pet likes to curl up in small spaces, the airline will still require that your carrier provide enough room for the animal to stand up comfortably and to move around. They need to have sufficient space to change positions while in the carrier.  

  

Some airports are more pet-friendly than others.  Some even provide pet relief areas where you can take your pets for a walk and give them a washroom break.  Something else to remember when selecting your pet travel carrier is that you will likely be responsible for carrying it through the airport.  So its design should make it easy for you to handle. An airline approved pet carrier with wheels is certainly worth considering. Your pet will also likely appreciate the smoother ride provided by a wheeled pet carrier or stroller.  

  

Another thing to think about is the health of your pet.  Prior to traveling, you should schedule a consultation with your veterinarian to ensure that your animal is healthy enough to travel.  You surely don’t want to jeopardize the health of a sick pet or very young animal with the stress that can result from an airline flight.  Here’s a good resource that shows how to check for signs of poor health in your pet.  

  

If you’re traveling with your pet on an international flight,  there are additional considerations. Is a quarantine period required?  Is a health certificate needed? Even traveling to Hawaii may require that your pet be put into quarantine for 30 to 120 days.  

  

In summary, know all the airline’s rules and regulations that will apply to your pet and your travel plans.  Then, if you invest in a high-quality pet travel carrier, you should be able to fly stress-free knowing your loved one is safe in a protected, comfortable environment. 

© 2019 Barrysal


Author's Note

Barrysal

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

8 Views
Added on November 25, 2019
Last Updated on November 25, 2019
Tags: Pet, Travel, Carriers

Author