Venerated Indescribable

Venerated Indescribable

A Poem by BLBrown
"

A quest to describe that which is indescribable.

"


Behold!  What is this mirage?  There exist no adequate words in this world, in this universe, to describe it.  So I lay this pathetic attempt before you, as my primitive eyes rest upon this inherent sublime, all in awe.

Even as it is nothing physical, defying all rules and laws, yet nor is it of my mind, so heavy in it’s midst as it ripples unseen through the cosmos.

Behold!  What is this of?  With implied crystalline spires that are clearer than the clearest diamond, higher than the highest mountain from which honey-streams wind and flow thick in splendorous ooze.

   

Even these I cannot touch, though I crave to embrace all to my bosom, to be as one, but they are forever out of reach.

Behold!  What is this aura?  This with an eighth color, a ninth, and more, with these millions of stunning hues on an infinite spectrum, saturated in light.

Even the shroud from my human eyes, now lifted, allows me to caress the gentle landscape of hills and valleys, filled with swaying willowy trees of glistening gold and shimmering silver. And I can now see fantastical flowers that defy imagination, everywhere, in endless shades, forever abloom.

Behold!  Where is the beginning?  It is here where nothing ever ends, and so I know there must be, and ever has been, nothing left to start.

Even time is immeasurable, here with translucent and glowing tangerine rivers and lilac pools upon which bright points of light dance, in this conviction of evanescent interludes.  

Behold!  What is this being?  There is nothing of life here just as there is no death, as I know it, in my encapsulated and primative world, yet it is teeming with a wondrous span of essence.

Even the dove-like spirits that fly ‘round yonder spires simply “are,” soaring in all their grandeur, and I gaze in rapture at the sight of them.

Behold!  What are these sounds?  Even as the tones rise to glorious heights more beautiful than Bach, Chopin, Mozart, these but rough and ragged noises by comparison.  The harp, the lute, the piccolo, only more, more, more.

Even there are new sounds that continue to rise, insurmountable, as tears gather in my eyes at the auditory display, and my ears are born anew with this sanctified music.

Behold!  What is this dimension?  There is no science here for there is nothing to study.  There is no time, there is no space. 

Even this holy astoundment, so great is it, cannot be understood by my small and overwhelmed mind.  I reach out to grasp at it, beseechingly, but only wrap my arms in downy air.  I know this just “is,” always has been, and always will be.

Behold!  What scents are these?  The aroma of honeysuckle, jasmine and vanilla fill the air, only so much purer than I’d ever experienced, and still there are so many more perfumes, and I cry for the sheer joy of it.

Even this fragrance, impossibly complex and yet uncluttered, lifts me up as I fill my lungs with it’s lingering and lush sweetness.

Behold!  As I dig deeper into my soul, I strive to make sense of this, and comprehension finally dawns like a new born sun on the distant horizon. 

Even despite my sorry attempts here, indeed, there is a word to describe this venerated indescribable.  

And I am thrilled and fulfilled with the knowledge of it as I gladly let go the binds that hold me to my infantile world, and with this comes a whisper on the wind, this single reverential chord, as I sigh the blessed word…

“God.”

© 2012 BLBrown


Author's Note

BLBrown
Awards:

- This I Believe Contest - 3rd Place

- Poems That Make Emotions Come to Life Contest - "You Rock" 3rd Place

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear BLBrown,

Another wonderful piece. I feel your passion throughout. It is thick and tangible. And even though I am not a religious man and do not believe in God, I greatly enjoyed this piece. We may not agree in our interpretations of existence, but we both share in its marvel. And you have touched me with this passion. You are in awe of God and his Universe, while I am just in awe without God. But the awe is there.

A powerful piece greatly enjoyed.

High marks again.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very descriptive and there are many deep thoughts and question in this piece. It glides smoothly down the page. Each new section adds to the one before it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To me this greatly filled with emotions. I love this kind of poetry; the type of poetry that make me feel what the writer felt when writing this. Love it great job. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dear BLBrown,

Another wonderful piece. I feel your passion throughout. It is thick and tangible. And even though I am not a religious man and do not believe in God, I greatly enjoyed this piece. We may not agree in our interpretations of existence, but we both share in its marvel. And you have touched me with this passion. You are in awe of God and his Universe, while I am just in awe without God. But the awe is there.

A powerful piece greatly enjoyed.

High marks again.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2012
Last Updated on August 2, 2012
Tags: spiritual, god, holy

Author

BLBrown
BLBrown

VA



About
Hello, my name is Barbara. Writing is my calling in life. It took me awhile but I've finally answered. I will write anything, poetry, ditties, short stories, and am currently also working on a .. more..

Writing
Crescendo Crescendo

A Poem by BLBrown